• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Transcription of W Side Story movie Mambo solo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert P
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject: Transcription of W Side Story movie Mambo solo? Reply with quote

Officially "The Dance At The Gym". On the movie soundtrack Pete Candoli plays a much longer solo than what's written in the Broadway score. Anyone know of a transcription of it?
Bundy
Chinese C

Getzen Eterna Bb/A piccolo
Chinese Rotary Bb/A piccolo

Chinese Flugel
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject: transcription of west side story Mambo solo Reply with quote

Just read your input early last friday morning and am in agreement. Don't know where to find a transcription. Saturday afternoon West Side Story was on TCM and I got to see that whole music and dance sequence again. My 15 year old granddaughter received An American in Paris and West Side Story from me as she loves older musicals. She got the full history lesson on both. The music and the dance both feed off each other so much. I think, hearing Condoli's solo again saturday that the thing that impressed me the most was the force with which he could play in the upper register, especially the lip trills in there. Good Luck in your search.
Robert P
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: transcription of west side story Mambo solo Reply with quote

blbaumgarn wrote:
Just read your input early last friday morning and am in agreement. Don't know where to find a transcription. Saturday afternoon West Side Story was on TCM and I got to see that whole music and dance sequence again. My 15 year old granddaughter received An American in Paris and West Side Story from me as she loves older musicals. She got the full history lesson on both. The music and the dance both feed off each other so much. I think, hearing Condoli's solo again saturday that the thing that impressed me the most was the force with which he could play in the upper register, especially the lip trills in there. Good Luck in your search.

Pete was amazing.

I might have to work and transcribe it myself.
Bundy
Chinese C

Getzen Eterna Bb/A piccolo
Chinese Rotary Bb/A piccolo

Chinese Flugel
Matthew Anklan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve performed it live with orchestra. Send me a PM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: