• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Will be Selling Callet Books etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich O

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Will be Selling Callet Books etc Reply with quote

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here by letting people know of my intentions.

I am hoping to list some of my Jerome Callet books and brochures on the Marketplace, but have been having problems accessing it. I have written for support twice, including yesterday. If that's not successful I will be listing them all on ebay over the weekend. Items include: Brass Power and Endurance, Trumpet Yoga(2nd edition), Beyond Arban, Trumpet Secrets, his 1993 trumpet brochure which included the text and diagrams of his Superchops book, Superchops II vhs, and mouthpiece and trumpet brochures from the early 90s, when I studied with him.

Mr Callet was a wonderful, generous man, who had astounding chops when I studied with him in 1990. I have sold or given away many of my Callet items over the years to fellow players on gigs. I am hoping that these items will end up in the hands of real Callet fans, and not just collectors hoping to turn a profit. When I studied with him, he gave free embouchure advice to anyone who called him, and had a stack of half size copies of the text and diagrams from his Superchops book that were free for the taking in his studio, or at clinics. Health issues led me to stop playing gigs 10 years ago. Now I'm beginning to let go of all the stuff I've collected in 54 years as a player.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I have tried to list some mouthpieces in the Marketplace at least four different times with no success. My interpretation is that, either there's something wrong with the Marketplace, or the powers that be don't care.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
PetTrumpet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have listed many trumpets on the marketplace. I've found that all normally taken pictures are too big for the marketplace to take. They also don't tell you about any errors. They just accept it and it doesn't post anything. I would check the file size of the pictures and if they are over a MB or two, try to compress it to a smaller file size. There are some online resources and if you have microsoft office for example, you can use that as well. I hope this helps somewhat!
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, man, I'll give it a try.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Rich O

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: Will be Selling Callet Books etc Reply with quote

The item sales have now ended. Thanks to those who reached out to me.

I wish everyone on this forum success in mastering Mr. Callet's revolutionary concepts. He was a great, and generous man.

Rich O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: