• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Anyone playing on Laskey pieces?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJtpt31
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave CCM/SSO wrote:
Those are pieces that were made by Scott and collected from his shop. They are not the "new" pieces that will be made by the company after the Eastman purchase. These were the last of his new stock. I called Dillon to get the info.

I gathered as much. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
DJtpt31
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.N.A.Mendez wrote:
Mark Bradley wrote:
Laskey flugelhorn mouthpieces are among the best I've tried. I use the 50FL in my Yamaha 8315G.

2ND that! Love the flugle pieces

I was looking at getting the 75FL, but when I went back on to the Dillon site it was already sold. Maybe with the new Eastman batch.
Jttpt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there are any differences in rim contour or cup shape across the different diameters? Like does 80c=70c=68c=60c in shape only in differing diameter?

Shortly prior to his passing, Scott had recommended I pick up a 60c or a 70c. I thought it was odd that he recommended 2 pieces so far apart in diameter, but unfortunately life got in the way and I never picked one up. Dillon has a 68c and 60c right now, and I'm worried the 60c might be a touch small compared to what I normally play. Any thoughts?
Jerry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, Scott discussed in the Monster Oil interview that he used the contour he developed for Bud Herseth in all of his mouthpieces.

Maybe one of the Monster Oil folks will chime in to either confirm this or correct me.
TrumpetJoel
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry wrote:
If I remember correctly, Scott discussed in the Monster Oil interview that he used the contour he developed for Bud Herseth in all of his mouthpieces.

Maybe one of the Monster Oil folks will chime in to either confirm this or correct me.

Hey! Fortuitous timing, me checking TH not as often as I used to...unfortunately I'm the least equipment-nerdy of the Monsters and during this segment of the interview I believe I was holding Bud's mouthpiece in my hands so I remember exactly nothing.

Update: I got lucky again! Went right to the spot in the interview when I checked. Start at 19:00 for context, 19:30 and the next couple mins after that addresses this questions, and bonus, explains exactly how to read those mouthpiece sizes.

https://www.brasschats.com/interviews/brass-chats-season-2-episode-8-scott-laskey

Also, great memories here---if you haven't watched this interview and you're hungry for some content on a quiet socially-distanced day, this is a great one.
DJtpt31
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone speak to the cup sizes of the Laskey mouthpieces, in particular the P-cup? Would the P designation mean that this cup is designed for piccolo trumpet playing? (i.e. 70P)? I understand there is a mouthpiece designated PICC by Laskey, too. Thanks for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: