• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stuck at high G

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Stuck at high G Reply with quote

I've been doing BE daily since a year ago February. I have made considerable improvements in range, stamina, and intonation. I am happy with this progress, but my range seems to be stuck at G above high C. Really I don't need more than that if I can develop that G into a consistent, usable note at the end of a set. But it would be nice to have more.

I am wondering if there would be any benefit to practicing with a more extreme roll in embouchure.
JayKosta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does BE incorporate 'tongue arch' manipulation? And if so, how does it apply for the range of pitches you mention?

Jay
Oh ya, watch the conductor - they set what is 'on time'.
omelet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Stuck at high G Reply with quote

mike ansberry wrote:
I've been doing BE daily since a year ago February. I have made considerable improvements in range, stamina, and intonation. I am happy with this progress, but my range seems to be stuck at G above high C. Really I don't need more than that if I can develop that G into a consistent, usable note at the end of a set. But it would be nice to have more.

I am wondering if there would be any benefit to practicing with a more extreme roll in embouchure.

Glad that you are having success!

Answering your question will require a LOT more information regarding your current BE routine and current level of development. And I normally don't encourage players to get into those kind of specifics on the forum. Email me if you want specific information.

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: