• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Covid-19 updates from ACB

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
austincustombrass
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject: Covid-19 updates from ACB Reply with quote

(mods feel free to delete if you find this is not appropriate)

Hey everyone. It's Trent here and I'm wishing you all a wonderful Sunday morning. We just got the official news that KC will be now adopting a "stay-at-home" policy meaning all essential businesses will be closing Monday. While this is going to be a dramatic blow to our accessibility to ship out instruments in this time I am in the shop today working on some contingencies.

Remember a few years ago when I moved the shop from Boston to KC? We were closed roughly for 6 weeks. In this time we still handled all phone calls, set up appointments for the new KC shop, worked with clients on custom builds (both horn and mouthpiece), and basically were not shipping goods as they were being transported from Boston to KC.

Here's the current plan (of course given the fluidity of the delicate situation this may change again):

1. Our phones and emails will remain open. Our "work hours" via phone will not change and we will definitely have more time to talk shop with you. I suggest anyone wanting detailed consulting to reach out via email and setup some skype/Google Duo/facetime sessions with one of my incredible partners here at the shop.

2. We are going to be taking our entire stock of in-house mouthpieces back from plating home. This way we can still ship mouthpiece orders. We figure if you are cooped up like we will be for at least a month (that's the current plan in KC until 4.23) why not test out a new piece. Reach out via mpcsales@austincustombrass.com or call 816-410-0826 x700

3. Custom horn builds can start with all of our makers and we are more than happy to chat with you in regards to that.

4. For the time being since we literally cannot move our entire shop (trust me that was one nightmare I don't really want to relive) horn sales and accessory sales will be delayed. Perhaps I can get in one day a week to ship but most likely that's not going to happen. We will keep you updated in this matter.

I'm most likely leaving some stuff out as my mind is racing at 150 mph. The biggest thing here for all of you is to know that we want you to be safe... We WILL be here for you once the dust settles and we are here on the phones/emails/social.

Special note of thanks to my amazing team who have dealt with this entire experience with grace and calm. They have relaxed my mind as a small business owner who is definitely concerned with his ACB family's financial, mental, and physical health. I am so lucky to have such amazing partners and friends during this. I am sitting in an empty shop with tears in my eyes as I type this wondering what's coming.

We love you all madly!

It's a shame how far this forum has fallen. If you need us call 816-410-0826 or email.

Cool Links here:
https://linktr.ee/austincustombrass
deleted_user_48e5f31

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted by dfcoleman

Last edited by deleted_user_48e5f31 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
tptva004

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all ACB does - hang in there!
Ronnman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent,
Thanks for the update and for all the support you and staff provide here on TH and via email. Most importantly, you, your staff and your families and loved ones, keep safe.
Ron
Martin Committee #2 1954
Leblanc “Al Hirt” Model 1966
Olds Custom Crafted Ultra Sonic 1974
Edwards Gen II 2014
bspickler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we can all get through this safely and quickly. Hang in there ALL.
cgaiii
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Trent,

Hang in there. I know it is tough with inventory sitting and unable to move, but this should be a passing event.

Need to talk to Josh about the flugelhorn I tried out at your Virginia show.

Charlie
Bb Bugle: Kanstul
Bb Pocket: Manchester Brass
Flugel: Taylor Standard
Bass Trumpet: BAC Custom
Natural Tr: Custom Haas replica by Nikolai Mänttäri Morales
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might sound trite to say, but hang in there Trent. Your business practices have always been honest, ethical and positive, hopefully you and many many other small businesses will weather this storm.

Brad
Tivolian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the extent that people have the interest and the means, they might consider buying gift certificates from their favorite brass shop(s). These can be redeemed once the dust settles. This is kind of like a loan to the small businesses and could help them avoid laying off their employees, or at least delay it. Just a thought....I know some folks are worrying more about whether they'll have a job or maybe already lost it. Best wishes to everyone
OldKing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all you do. Please keep us posted.
HaveTrumpetWillTravel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trent, thanks for all you do for the community! We're thinking of all the shops, pros, and others that this is hitting.
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Covid-19 updates from ACB Reply with quote

Hang in there, Trent. Your notification is evidence that you are a service based provider and you have the best in mind for customers. I hope and believe that this will pass and soon everything will slowly return to normal. Best of Luck.
CJceltics33
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck! Ive always had great experiences with ACB.

For those of you ordering things online, try to choose small businesses instead of ordering from Amazon.
yourbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the best to you, Trent. My shop is shut down and no re-opening date is known at this time.

As one wag put it: "Better six feet apart than six feet under."

-Lionel
https://yourbrass.com/
adagiotrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJceltics33 wrote:
Best of luck! Ive always had great experiences with ACB.

For those of you ordering things online, try to choose small businesses instead of ordering from Amazon.

+1
austincustombrass
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

Here's just a bit of an update for the shop.

1. We of course cannot work at the shop although my entire staff is telecommuting and working with customers via skype, zoom, phone, and email.

2. We have all of our ACB mouthpiece inventory off-site so we can ship all orders that we do have in stock. I also have about 35 instruments here that I can ship. We cleaned and sterilized all of them prior to the KC shutdown and I am not playing them to ensure they remain that way.

3. The KC ordinances allow us to visit the shop once a week and for a limited time so we can actually do some shipping of orders. It actually hasn't been as bad as I expected. I wear a N95 mask and gloves and fortunately for me both my local post office and FedEx office are across the street from my shop and sparse at the moment.

4. We continue to improve our website and social media channels so please take a moment to check out the improvements if you so feel inclined. Any YT suggestions for future vids please share them my way and we'll consider them (email us at info@austincustombrass.com)

I will continue to keep the shop running as long as possible and am so appreciative of your well wishes, good thoughts, and support during the crisis.

please stay safe, have fun with your horns, and use this time to remain positive and shed more (I certainly have been the horn is actually feeling pretty good lately!).

Best regards and peace to you all!

-T

It's a shame how far this forum has fallen. If you need us call 816-410-0826 or email.

Cool Links here:
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck Trent, hang in!

Brad
JLandressBrassCustServ.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent,

This is great news for everyone! We hope you guys are staying safe and out of harms way!

Much love,

The guys at J.Landress Brass

J. Landress Brass, LLC.
153 West 36th Street 3rd Floor
NY, NY 10018
Shop: 646-922-7126
www.jlandressbrass.com
khedger
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Trent,

You and the team stay safe! I'd order one of everything if I was able to, but alas.....

keith
austincustombrass
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject: Soft-open May 6th Reply with quote

Good morning folks!

I hope everyone is safe and well! Finally I get to share a bit of good news. The KC Mayor has proposed a "soft-open" on May 6th and this will allow us to get back to the shop on a bit more regular occurrence. I do want folks to know we will be able to be a bit quicker with our shipments than we have this past 7 weeks. We truly appreciate all of the support you have given us during this challenging time for us all.

In the time we have been away we have done numerous improvements to our website and webstores. There are bunch of new "bundles" for folks to check out. Pictures and sound clips have improved and I am in the process of a huge project that once launched will be very cool!

The YouTube channel has seen significant upgrades as well with a bunch of better playlists to keep you entertained at home. Of course if you have any requests for us please reach out (contact info below).

FYI will not be open for any appointments for some time (not sure of the extent but we are thinking at LEAST June 1st if not later) as we figure out the next few steps for our shop and most importantly our customer's (and my staff) safety.

We will have curbside options available including cleaning appointments (but those will be subject to a delay before we work on them). I'll even make you a cup of our groovy coffee and drop it off to you (I'll make while wearing gloves and a mask of course).

As you can expect the situation is a bit fluid but we are here for you always via telephone at 816-410-0826, 781-944-6247, email at info@austincustombrass.com or through our webstore:

http://austincustombrass.biz

Many thanks, keep on keepin' on, share your music with the world to brighten everyone's day, and we will make it through this.

Virtual hugs!

-T

Cool Links here:
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Soft-open May 6th Reply with quote

austincustombrass wrote:

In the time we have been away we have done numerous improvements to our website and webstores. There are bunch of new "bundles" for folks to check out. Pictures and sound clips have improved and I am in the process of a huge project that once launched will be very cool!

Yes, but you still don't have the champaign, dancing girls and confetti.

Bless you and your staff, Trent. This can't be easy. We feel for you and wish all of you the best of fortune.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: