• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Thanking uniquetrumpets from La grange Pro Trumpets

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaGrangeTrumpets

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Thanking uniquetrumpets from La grange Pro Trumpets Reply with quote

03/27/2020
Hello trumpet herald members,
Thanking uniquetrupets from removing an unjust post of the La Grange pro trumpets.
About 2 months ago; For those who read uniquetrumpts post of the “buyer beware” of the La Grange pro trumpets and for those who didn’t; Please be patient. This report goes into depth from U.T. 's unjust post of what took place and a little history of La Grange pro trumpets.. Sometimes it’s hard to be humble knowing people's thoughts of etier optimism, pessimism and freedom of speech; so please be cognizant.
. No one or any company likes to go to this extent, but their Grandfathers treasure (assets) needs to be protected from disgruntled buyers…This is one reason La Grange never advertised. (1987)” people like to voice their opinion from someone else's gossip rather than going to the maker first.
. The family of Kermit Bernard La Grange Sr., with La Grange pro trumpets.The trumpet herald site was available when it came to be in 2001? Maybe? There was not much interest in this site until uniquetrumet posted a report that was unjust about the La Grange pro trumpets' (Uniquetruimpets was notified beforehand of this report.). Uniquetrumpets used this site to post a “buyer beware” of the La Grange pro trumpets from a trumpet U.T. purchased from the La Grange family in hopes for the social society to read from
La Grange pro trumpets charging uniquetrumpets a sterilization fee to sterilize and remove amino acids from inside of their trumpet U.T. purchased from
La Grange to be sold to a girl belonging to the blue devils in concord California and he was interested in their model De La Mardi Gras LT III. (all messages are recorded and can be viewed at anyone's request)
Yes this Site is about trumpet talk and peoples’ opinions on products and so forth. If a member wants to post a story or statements, etc. on any blog site about another member or product; please post the truth and be honest.. Why in God's name do some people have to use blogs to post false information to hurt the credibility of others as uniquetrumpet did to La Grange. Of course La Grange trumpets and others do have the right to voice their opinions to protect their assets as well to correct what U.T. had done and give the true explanation of what happened.
. Though U.T’s post is 2 months old; (Bernard has been away going to different high schools outside of louisiana promoting his trumpets) After U.T was notified of this unjust post; Then, on his own account; U.T. did removed his post by not following trumpetheralds rules and giving improper information and second; A 5 page report certified mail receipt (he had to sign for it) was mailed to uniquetrumpets with information about Lagrange's building process and there; U.T. realized “I have to remove my post.” U.T. did remove his own post with a thank you from Bernard.
From reading posts from other members' replies; about 15 members voiced their opinions on his buyer beware post, But oddly, U.T. did report a positive feedback that any trumpet manufacturer can receive. Besides this one; There are more.

Beautiful handmade Trumpet. As good as any horn twice the price.Great service
(Private listing)
Buyer: uniquetrumpet (95)

There were good talks between them and everything was as good as it could be until U.T was charged a fee to sterilize the trumpet he purchased from
La grange pro trumpets, due to: ‘The coronavirus”. Yes….La Grange and the whole world knows of this virus from months ago!
The De La Mardi Gras I (one) was in U.T.’s possession for 12 days and he openly wrote to Bernard “I used your trumpet to make a video for ITG and I will email the video to you” Bernard never received that video, but If anyone one has seen Oscar Onoz playing a gold plated trumpet in ITG’s January or February's issue? That gold plated trumpet is Bernard's trumpet. . We are not members of ITG, so it can’t be said if he did post a video on that site or not? Quote by U.T.:
“There is an article coming in this month's issue of ITG featuring me. If there is some way of promoting your horns at ITG and trying it with the article perhaps that could help your exposure.. I am sending you a video of me playing your horn. On eBay many people like to ask how the horn sounds. Feel Free to use the video if you like” (this statement is recorded) after the fact; U.T. returned the trumpet with a couple of pieces removed, full of fingerprints and the 2 pieces were in a used plastic bag. Someone has to pay for the rental and clean up of any instrument company, no matter 0f what instrument…... All would be upset that professionals as some people are don’t give trumpets as these any care. La Grange trumpets are not rentals! From Bernard’s point of view (and his): “was to use La Grange’s trumpet to produce this video for I.T.G. then return it for a full refund” La Grange no longer has free returns, but still accepts returns.
U.T. 's post was about him being charged a 15% sterilization fee of the return of La Grange’s pro trumpet (off the sale price). In his post on this site, He stated: “I only played their trumpet for 5 minutes, but yet produced a video with their trumpet for ITG”. (the dates are documented). For those who responded and read U.T’s. post, you remember what you wrote. Hopefully, for those who responded to U.T’s post may read this and for those who didn't will have a better understanding on what took place and whom La Grange Pro Trumpets truly are. This report is from a humble trumpet workshop wanting to bring their grandfather's work into advertising….but slowly…….We do not have outside employees.
While this report is being stated; Please allow and comprehend on how these trumpets became.

A website is being worked on. Certain sources are not available just yet and eBay is the first place to start (Not the best place, but it works) plus they are new to advertising. La Grange trumpets are only made to order. It took Bernard 10 months to build 6 trumpets just for eBay and 4 sold since these trumpets were launched on eBay.in October of year 2019; quite pleasing.
Every small family business starts off with humble beginnings. Their forefathers' never advertised, just by word of mouth, then built to order, That's the way things were done back then, No internet. . These trumpets are only built to order and still are made to order by word of mouth. Now that both forefathers have passed on and the internet has been available. The work of LaGrange trumpets are slowly going into advertising.; As for some of you; you’ve seen the eBay site?. This was the first place to start.
Reading the posts of the ones who responded to U.T. 's post; their opinions were incorrect; Just saying things at will without knowing the true understanding.. Hopefully….this post will answer for those who responded? A quote read by a member said “It looks painted”. Their gold satin trumpets are electroplated and not painted. All non plated trumpets are painted like the gold lacquer trumpets.
La Grange Sr. named these trumpets after the world renowned Mardi Gras celebration here in New Orleans, La. and other cities around the world that celebrate this religious celebration as in Brazil.. Mardi Gras can mean different things depending on how it is used in a sentence. It can mean: “Happy Fat Tuesday”, “of fat Tuesday” or just “come to the Mardi Gras” “Happy Mardi Gras” ETC. Or you can just google it. Fat Tuesday is just as it sounds…..everyone celebrating this date goes out and becomes someone else for a day and let themselves loose before ash Wednesday. It’s too complex to be explained here. So the name of his trumpets are “De La Mardi Gras” simply “come to the Mardi Gras!” And their last name “La Grange” in English means “the barn”. La Grange comes all the way from La Grange, France (you can google it) and way back in the late 1700’s the Acadians migrated to eastern Canada then were kicked out of Canada and migrated to south Louisiana and the Acadians have been here ever since. I am sure you heard of Cajuns and creoles? Long history. Please google “LaGrange-points”

Just because a new name appears doesn't mean that company is new.
Kermit Bernard La Grange Sr. (born 1910) started making his trumpets in 1964 for one reason, These trumpets were being built for the unprivileged students to be able to buy a pro trumpet at an affordable price. La Grange only has 4 models and they are all just standard trumpets; nothing like the big companies say as in Monette’
Quotes were stated: “there is no reason these style horns could cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars” (this was way back then) . All the raw material is right here in the New Orleans area. New Orleans is an export city and not an import city. Meaning, “raw material is cheaper here than having it imported.”

La Grange now has 4 models and they are all De La Mardi Gras I, II, LT III, IIII. They only use yellow brass in silver plating, gold plating and gold matt satin; maybe he will start with the silver matt? and they are sold as a kit with 2 of everything; a lifetime warranty. The Model I is just like the 180 from Bach with a heavy receiver. Model II is model I with a reverse lead pipe standard receiver. Model Lt III is the light weight model with a double deck lead pipe and looks like the schilke B1. model IIII is the voodoo signature series model. We are not a Monette, Scodwell or an Adams, but we build standard horns to fit the taste of one's pocket books with 4 standard models, but do work with their clients on requirements. .
There is no display store; just a workshop (Harahan, La.) with our grandfather's old tools. Having a website and a display store costs money, lots of money….. but eventually...hopefully someday…………………..A family representative has to bring their sample horns to the customer, usually Bernard himself.
His whole family is into music and with our grandfather, (in his time) being around some famous names…... This is where and how these trumpets became. It may be hard to believe the people their grandfather has been around and played with. Here is a list of the famous musicians that hail from New Orleans. As was written before, “we’re ok with opinions, that’s your right.” Either optimism or pessimism and freedom of speech.

The trumpet is played over a whole range of musical genres. These include classical and modern forms of music, but the most famous trumpet players inevitably hail from the world of Jazz, both traditional and modern.
The reason behind this is perhaps the nature of Jazz music, which makes ample use of the full range of sound that the trumpet can produce.
Having said that. It would be unfair to ignore the contribution that the trumpet has made in other spheres such as rock, blues, pop, and rap music.

Louis Armstrong, Pete Fountain, The Marsalis family, Al Hirt, King Oliver, Harry Connick Jr Kermit ruffins, Trombone shorty, the Neville brothers, Erma Thomas, Dr. John, Professor Longhair, Fats Domino, Louis Prima, the Dixie Cups, Ernie K-doe, the dukes of Dixieland, the dirty dozen brass brand, rebirth jazz band, The list goes on……..and all were born and raised in New Orleans.. The birthplace of Jazz, New Orleans, La. even Ellen DeGeneres.

Of Course there's more to this story and how these trumpet became, but the main reason here is:
Uniquetrumpets posted an unjust report about the La Grange trumpets because U.T. was charged a fee for cleaning up this trumpet he used to produce his video for ITG.... If anyone wants to see these messages; All the messages are legitimate and documented...and are available at one's request.. U.T. was told: “this may be a little uncomfortable for you a short while; but it will pass” As long as we forgave him and hopefully…. everything should be ok.
This report wouldn’t be reported without legitimate documents.….In his post; U.T did state: “It’s best not to deal with them” but look at what La Grange had to deal with. So in dealings with uniquetrumpets….La Grange took a 234.00 dollar loss off the sale of that trumpet he returned, plus, a 36.00 dollar loss from eBay for him to make his video. That trumpet was sold as used to a girl in California. .
Uniquetrumpets gave our trumpets the thumbs up, but yet complained about a fee to sterilize our trumpet after he had it for 12 days to make his video. He, U.T is a good guy, very knowledgeable and a joy but chose poorly in his decision to write his unjust post because of a sterilization fee.. Bernard did state: “I enjoyed speaking with him”
La Grange Sr. passed away in 1993 at the age of 83 and his son died in 2017.
Everyone and every company is not perfect, but a humble small family business wanting to slowly advertise these wonderful trumpets. What is that saying “always copied, but never duplicated” What we do not do here is….. “we do not duplicate the price”
The good lord built DNA into every living human being to know right from wrong; It's In our conscience to be used correctly. Every human being on planet earth is born with it even from 200,000 thousand years ago. Measure twice and cut once before anyone creates his or her post. As you read…. Uniquetrumepts “HAS NOT” been discredited. We’re one to forgive and not to take... This is a very small family oriented humble workshop with no outside employees.
They have one request….This is not a debate; please do not reply. Though there will be talk, please be humble, considerate and warm hearted. Very rarely will they come into this site. If there is a reply……., honest questions will receive honest answers.
All this said: “even though it’s written in the warranty U.T. received about this sterilization fee; “…..eBay returned those funds to U.T. that were deducted from his purchase. Uniquetrumpets did indeed get a full refund!”
In dealings with uniquetrumpets; LaGrange pro trumpets took a loss totaling 450.00, Then U.T. doing more damage by coming into the trumpet herald site to discredit the La Grange trumpets. “The truth has to be told or the dishonest will prevail” LaGrange does want to say: “Thank you trumpetherald for being here!” and “Thank you members for reading and your patience in your understanding”.
La Grange horns are created one at a time, allowing for each horn to be thoroughly tested in order to deliver unmatched clarity, intonation and projection.
For serious inquiries; they can be reached on their eBay site. Please be patient until they can find the right company to help them advertise. This was not easy to write this report and a little nerve-wracking to boot not knowing what to expect, Good, maybe not too good or if this post is posted in the correct spot? Their name is certified with the correct documents in hand.

P.S. “Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report………..think on these things” -Philippians: 4-8,
Either optimistic or pessimistic and freedom of speech.

Sincerely to all

“He who can not forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself”
The world is a difficult place indeed, and people are hard to suit, and the man who plays the flute, and I myself have often thought, how very better ‘twould be in hopes everyone will agree?. But if not, the very best way to make the world look bright, is never to mind what others say, but do what you think is right.
Make a rule, and pray to God to help you keep it, never, if possible, to lie down at night without being able to say, “I have made one human being, at least, a little wiser, a little happier, a little better this day and salute to say: Thank you.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

Being perfectly candid, for me this post does more harm than good. While I wish the OP and his company all the best, after reading this post I have no desire to do business with them.
LaGrangeTrumpets

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
Wow.

Being perfectly candid, for me this post does more harm than good. While I wish the OP and his company all the best, after reading this post I have no desire to do business with them.

We all have to understand, that uniquetrumpets lied to everyone on this site about this subject and uniquetrumpets had to remove his post and LaGrange is forgiving him and thanking him from the removal of uniquetrumpets post. LaGrange pro trumpets has the documents to support this subject.
there one to forgive.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaGrangeTrumpets wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:
Wow.

We all have to understand, that uniquetrumpets lied to everyone on this site about this subject and uniquetrumpets had to remove his post and LaGrange is forgiving him and thanking him from the removal of uniquetrumpets post. LaGrange pro trumpets has the documents to support this subject.
there one to forgive.

I understand that this is your point of view. Having read the thread in question I have a different view of the events and your post further reinforces that opinion.

In my opinion publicly shaming someone like you have in your post is never a good idea as a businessman nor a moral and just person. However, you are free to run your business as you wish.
multiphonic
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a current eBay listing:

LAGRANGE IS A MEMBER OF THE TRUMPET HERALD SITE

LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

multiphonic wrote:
From a current eBay listing:

LAGRANGE IS A MEMBER OF THE TRUMPET HERALD SITE

I did a search after your post and it appears that uniquetrumpets is now endorsing these instruments. I am now really confused by the OP’s post calling uniquetrumpet’s integrity into question.

One very good thing I notice is that the restocking/sterilization fee is clearly listed. Hidden fees are a big problem to me, so kudos for being up front.

I also like the multiple springs offered as part of the package. I went on a spring safari back in my college days to get the valve action I desired.
Uniquetrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon seeing this post I was just considering letting it go but since he goes on to call me a "liar" I need to respond. Ebay already settled this case weeks ago.....his product description was questionable and his fees were not disclosed properly. Ebay agreed and I received a full refund .His listings were taken down until the corrections were made. Currently his product description Is fine and fees, although somewhat abusive, are disclosed. So why did I remove my initial post? After returning the horn this gentleman kept sending letters via UPS, written in similar style to his above post. Not knowing him personally, like any reasonably minded person I concluded something did not seem "right" about this guy. Since Ebay had already corrected his current listings I figured there was no more need for that post as future buyers would be correctly disclosed the product and fees.

I will do him a second favor by not posting on this anymore. And may I suggest he does not post anymore about it himself as he is not doing himself any good.
Beyond16
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello LaGrangeTrumpets,

It's not everyday I get to talk to a brass instrument manufacturer. I am curious what filler alloy you use when assembling the valve block. I assume this is the highest melting point filler of any used on the horn. Also, is this and all the other filler material used lead free and NSF-51 certified? Is all the filler material cadmium free?

What kind of CNC setup do you have? How about posting some factory operation videos like all the other US based manufactures do. I would like to see the bell spinning setup. Do you make your own brass tubing or buy it? Is it seamless?

Is your plating done in-house or outsourced?
multiphonic
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sterilization process is used to 'remove amino acids' from a returned trumpet?
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Thanking uniquetrumpets from La grange Pro Trumpets Reply with quote

LaGrangeTrumpets wrote:
03/27/2020
...........P.S. “Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report………..think on these things” -Philippians: 4-8,
Either optimistic or pessimistic and freedom of speech.

Sincerely to all

“He who can not forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself”
The world is a difficult place indeed, and people are hard to suit, and the man who plays the flute, and I myself have often thought, how very better ‘twould be in hopes everyone will agree?. But if not, the very best way to make the world look bright, is never to mind what others say, but do what you think is right.
Make a rule, and pray to God to help you keep it, never, if possible, to lie down at night without being able to say, “I have made one human being, at least, a little wiser, a little happier, a little better this day and salute to say: Thank you.

While I have no interest in wading through whatever this is about, why has the above not been removed by the moderators?

Brad
HERMOKIWI
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Thanking uniquetrumpets from La grange Pro Trumpets Reply with quote

Brad361 wrote:
While I have no interest in wading through whatever this is about, why has the above not been removed by the moderators?

Brad

Agreed. Why hasn't the entire thread been removed? It's not about playing trumpet. It's about complaining about someone on TH and sermonizing about religion.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The (man) doth protest too much, methinks.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without getting too much into the actually complaint and disagreement I will say that the post is not really helpful. Mainly, because it is too long and a bit rambling.

The important things when you are a seller (of anything) is honesty and transparency, speed of fulfilling a transaction, any restocking fees or cleaning fees mentioned up front and most of all good communication. If these guidelines are followed then a seller has done their part.
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the worst thank you message ever, and if the attention to detail on the horn build is anything like the grammar...I'm scared.

Last edited by theslawdawg on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
mdarnton
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is how LaGrange prefers to present himself, I think it is a service to.the community to allow this thread to stay.
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good place to stop.

p.s. As has been said a bazillion or so times, if you have a problem with a thread, PM the Moderators, do not just post in the thread.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: