• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Chad Lefkowitz-Brown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Chad Lefkowitz-Brown Reply with quote

Has anyone else here been following Chad Lefkowitz-Brown (Chad LB)? He's an amazing young tenor player with chops that never end combined with a tasty, swinging style. A really mature style with total control and virtuosity.

He's got a string of YouTube recordings and a whole bunch of instructional videos, along with study materials for sale. He is all the rage with lots of my sax-playing friends, and I've bought and used some of his stuff as well. He also often plays with Chris Botti.

I'm not sure who the other guys on this virtual big-band recording are. Maybe you do. On these long, shelter-in-place days check him out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw0nzzPdqes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6ke8l3H-qg
Peck Time

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lots of his exercises and find them useful and thought-provoking.

There’s a real upsurge in great material available these days- I despise the jazz-school approach of ‘there is only one way to play jazz’, and these new materials make it clear that just like every jazz musician should develop a unique sound- every musician should have a unique improvisational conception too.

Rant over.
markp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I love his exercises. A little difficult because of range and awkward for trumpeters since it was meant for sax players,but not too hard to modify.
Uniquetrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using his "10 warm up exercises for Jazz musicians"...…..VERY good!
Blancolate
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased a bundle that he sells...….."60 Phrases on Dom Chords, 50 ii-v-I Phrases, Minors Phrases Package and One Chord Vamp Phrases". The phrases are written in all keys and the background tracks are available for everything. I am very impressed by the material so far......There is enough material to work for the next 5 self quarantines! He also provides a video of himself playing all the phrases along with the background tracks which is cool to play along with ……..trumpet and tenor always sound great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: