• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Blues for Poland

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dershem
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Blues for Poland Reply with quote

I'm going through the library for my band and trying to organize (time off has benefits, I guess), and ... do any of you have the first trumpet part for this? Were it a less complex chart I could listen and write one, but Klatka did some very interesting things that would be a beast to suss out. I have the rest of the parts, but... Thanks. [/img]
Arranger-Transcriber
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: Tony Klatka, "Blues for Poland" Reply with quote

Yes, I can help you with the part. Email sent.
1B
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that chart at school. I will check and get back to you once I’m allowed to get in the building.
Jaimie Hall
dershem
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, Transcriber/arranger came through. Thanks Doug! (This guy has an AMAZING library and is a really good guy)
DonOwens

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject: Blues for Poland Reply with quote

Ahh, memories. I played lead on this when I was attending University of Cincinnati. I don't have the chart, but glad that it appears others got it for you.

That came from the Woody Herman Thundering Herd album. That was one of the first jazz ensemble albums I ever owned.

For "just a blues" piece, this song was surprisingly challenging. More difficult than it sounds, just listening to it.

BTW, my recollection is that Tony Klatka played the solo, but did not play lead. In jazz ensembles, the lead player rarely plays a solo. (Unless it calls for a screamer solo, or more than one trumpet solo.) The lead in that ensemble was Dave Stahl. Dave was a real screamer. In those days, he was one I tried to emulate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: