• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Recommended clinician teachers for online lessons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesplitmeister
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Recommended clinician teachers for online lessons Reply with quote

Hello all,
In these unusual times, while it’s a scary world we find ourselves in, it isn’t without its opportunities. I am lucky enough to carve a living out of playing and since having a baby last year I have found precious little time to do much more that the bare essentials with practice in between gigging and family life. Now that all gigs are off for the foreseeable future here in the UK I have finally caught up with practice and feel much better with my playing. I have however noticed a tick in my playing that I would love to see a teacher about to try and fix. For years I used to go to the great Bo Nilsson in Sweden for lessons but since his sad passing I am unsure where to turn. I am looking for recommendations of teachers who have a strong knowledge base but also a good analytical approach to try and fix my issues but also ones who are comfortable working with online lessons. Seems like I’m after a lot but I don’t need more work out routines as I have a healthy catalogue to work through. Does anyone have any clinicians they would recommend?

Out of interest (although I don’t expect I will be able to explain effectively here), my tic has presented in a shake in my sound and sometimes in my chops which presents mainly at the start of each session and in lyrical slow passages. I don’t believe it’s a new thing, I often don’t get called for slow lyrical playing so it rarely shows at work and when it appears during auditions I’ve (perhaps wrongly) put this down to nerves, despite not feeling nervous. But now it’s prevalent on a middle G, in my practice room, with no one listening l suspect and hope it’s a physical tic that may be sorted and I’d like to use this time to focus on it.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received.
Best wishes
Jim
RussellDDixon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bobbyshew.com/main.html?pgid=5 ...

Bobby has a reputation for being able to help players "fix" things.
Kanstul Claude Gordon Personal mouthpiece
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: