• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

An apology

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starkadder
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject: An apology Reply with quote

I am writing to this community to apologize for my actions.

Last night I used the haunting words of a man dying through violence and followed them with a banal and contrived musical question as a post. I did not mean to make a sick joke, but I had. I was immediately called to shame, and I am ashamed.

To all those who were offended I am sorry for the violence I brought into your forum.

To all of those who were not offended, your should be. I am sorry to abet your complacency.

I know the reasons for my bad judgement do not matter, but we all crave understanding. Sunday night I watched canisters of tear gas roll in front of my apartment as protesters fled. The floor and walls shook as water bottles thrown at the building broke the ground floor windows. I share the outrage of the people in the street. And I brought that into to this forum.

Again, I am sorry. I ask your forgiveness, and I wish to make amends.
astadler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this. We all say and do stupid things we end up regretting, it's big of you to do this. Water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.
Bill Ortiz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your heartfelt apology-it means a lot. These are trying times and we are all feeling a flood of emotions as well. As the previous person said, water under the bridge. Stay safe and healthy :)
'56 Martin Committee Deluxe #2 trumpet
14B Schilke mouthpiece
Couesnon Paris flugelhorn
Bob Reeves Sleeves and PVA

Last edited by Bill Ortiz on Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wondra
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you starkadder. I as well appreciate your post. It was heartening to read it. I live in south Minneapolis so all of this is very real for me. Peace.

Don't make me get the flying monkeys...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: