• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Removed topic. . .Thomas Piet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rothman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Removed topic. . .Thomas Piet Reply with quote

On a thread now long gone, with the various back and forth of heated dialogue, this fellow was briefly mentioned.

In contrast to the world today, dark timbres never did much for me. Unless there is unmistakable 'brilliance' in the sound, there isn't as much to get worked up about. Imo.

Virtually an unknown player.

Link
rothman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to reflect on --- outside of corona :

https://youtube.com/watch?v=t98OW1ygQrM
thomaspiet

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey rothman, that's me. I am from the Netherlands (so is Otto Ketting). I am the lead trumpet player of the Marineband of the Royal Netherlands now. This recording was on a cd with only works of Otto Ketting for Fanfare Band. He was there when the cd was presented. A couple of months after he died.
rothman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thomaspiet wrote:
Hey rothman, that's me. I am from the Netherlands (so is Otto Ketting). I am the lead trumpet player of the Marineband of the Royal Netherlands now. This recording was on a cd with only works of Otto Ketting for Fanfare Band. He was there when the cd was presented. A couple of months after he died.

Thomas, you sounded excellent on that piece. Sorry to put you on the spot here, except that for whatever reason, I tend to hear fewer people in legit settings projecting in a manner remotely connected to André. Starting to believe that what is needed are a few lead players such as yourself, in front of a chamber orchestra on occasion, to prevent it from fading out.

Best wishes..
thomaspiet

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rothman wrote:
thomaspiet wrote:

Thomas, you sounded excellent on that piece. Sorry to put you on the spot here, except that for whatever reason, I tend to hear fewer people in legit settings projecting in a manner remotely connected to André. Starting to believe that what is needed are a few lead players such as yourself, in front of a chamber orchestra on occasion, to prevent it from fading out.

Best wishes..

Thanks for the compliment. I try to play solo as much as I can, in any setting. I don't think the André influence will fade out anytime soon. He for sure was my example, I had the privilege to hear him in the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam once when he was already at the end of his life / carreer, it of course still was amazing. There are some amazing players out there right now but for sure they all listened to MA. All the best!
thomaspiet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a recent recording of a totally different piece

https://www.facebook.com/Marinierskapel/videos/745276829615976/
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great sound and rendition!

The Intrada seems to have been influenced by Mahler 5 Trauermarsch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: