• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mark Ridenour: My Favorite CSO Recordings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexwill
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject: Mark Ridenour: My Favorite CSO Recordings Reply with quote

He gives commentary on the top five, and there are +/-15 honorable mentions.

There are spotify links to most or all of them, but some many not be available in all countries.
https://csosoundsandstories.org/my-favorite-cso-mark-ridenour

I liked this commentary for the 1995 Die Meistersinger...

"""""This fortnight of concerts and recording was maybe the most memorable of my career. With all of the people that needed to be onstage, the physical stage was extended, built out into the hall. Solti then had the brass section in one row—trombones, trumpets and horns. Right behind us was a riser where the singers would stand and then the Chorus was at the back of the stage. Sitting in front of these singers was the most amazing experience. Ben Heppner. Karita Matilla. José van Dam. René Pape. Alan Opie. Just incredible.”"""""""
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: