• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Dizzy after RO#3 and RO#4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouthpiecesafari

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:15 am    Post subject: Dizzy after RO#3 and RO#4 Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
I started BE 3 months ago and I am content with the results so far.
I started RO #4 two weeks ago and noticed that for RO#3 but especially RO#4 I get dizzy after each measure.
When I slur up to the higher register I quickly run out of air.
I wonder if I am doing something wrong with my air usage. Is it just not enough air?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Best regards!
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Dizzy after RO#3 and RO#4 Reply with quote

mouthpiecesafari wrote:
I wonder if I am doing something wrong with my air usage. Is it just not enough air?

Could also be too much air. I'm not a practitioner of this method myself, but in my own studies I've noticed that playing the trumpet takes far less air/force than I thought. Don't know if that helps you...
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Dizzy after RO#3 and RO#4 Reply with quote

mouthpiecesafari wrote:
Hello everyone!
I started BE 3 months ago and I am content with the results so far.
I started RO #4 two weeks ago and noticed that for RO#3 but especially RO#4 I get dizzy after each measure.
When I slur up to the higher register I quickly run out of air.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Best regards!

You asked a similar question back in 2018. Maybe you started BE "again" three months ago?

In any case, the answer is the same. You are not giving enough information to provide a good answer, much less an informed guess. Some players neglect the HTE exercises. Others may not be focusing the chops forward enough on the pedals, and allowing too much air to escape. It could be a number of things.

I recommend that you send me a direct email, along with a video which illustrates the issue. That will get us to the bottom of it.

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: