• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mouthpiece exercises

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denny Schreffler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B. Scriver wrote:
I also like the BuzzKill. You can adjust the blow resistance and not bother the family dog. Great piece of gear!

http://www.buzzkill.buzz/

Brian Scriver
www.grmouthpieces.com

I was very, very disappointed in the Buzz Kill, hoping that (at less than half the price) it would be nearly as good as the Stomvi UpSound -- which, in my experience, it is not.

-Denny
wagonicfolding

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally! mouthpiece excercises are one of the best ways to improve your tone! get out your tuner and try to play a concert A just on your mouthpiece (for alto) then try to bend the pitch down to a G# and back up to A. then try to bend it down to a G natural and back up to A. see how far you can bend the pitch and get it back to a perfectly tuned A. try to play mary had a little lamb just on your mouthpiece. Make sure you are bending the pitch only by changing your embouchure and not by cupping your hand over the end of the mouthpiece like a harmonica, that's cheating. If you do this every day this week, you'll be blown away at how much better you sound by the time you get your cast off.
daniel76309

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cavaillé wrote:
In my opinion most people have less benefit from buzzing because they use a different setup in comparison to their normal playing embouchure.
In this video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9nlmw3u6H6o Charlie Porter elaborates on a very important principle he calls the "marriage" between free buzzing, mouthpiece buzzing (leadpipe buzzing) and trumpet playing embouchure.

I want to thank you for this link. I am an amateur euphonium player, which I returned to a few years ago after decades of not playing, and now I am trying to pick up flugelhorn as a second instrument. I have been at it for a several months now, finding it fun yet frustrating, and kind of knowing that I was taking the wrong approach. (Too much pressure, leading to limited range and endurance.) Charlie Porter's videos are really good--that is what I think I needed to know. I am going back to basics and working on building the muscles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: