• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Ft Worth Will Attempt to Play A 2020-21 Season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexwill
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Ft Worth Will Attempt to Play A 2020-21 Season Reply with quote

https://theviolinchannel.com/fort-worth-symphony-announces-plan-for-2020-live-performances/

Last edited by alexwill on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
mhenrikse
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Ft Worth Will Attempt to Play its scheduled 20/21 season Reply with quote

alexwill wrote:
https://theviolinchannel.com/fort-worth-symphony-announces-plan-for-2020-live-performances/

Wish Ft. Worth and Chattanooga good luck!
kshtrumpet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've seen a couple misleading/inaccurate articles today on this subject. Hopefully I can quickly clarify and correct some things.

While we are at this time planning to perform in the fall of 2020, by no means is our 19-20 season continuing "as planned" or "as normal". In addition to a reduced 25% capacity audience cap, mask requirement, social distancing seating plans, performance of concerts without intermission, and much more etc, programming has been significantly revised to allow for reduced instrumentation, a limited number of musicians on stage at one time, shorter but still musically fulfilling programs, and more. Social distancing of the fewer musicians on stage, masks for all... incorporating wind players who cannot wear a mask while playing and therefore require much more space and perhaps shields... there are so many elements, and more being learned all the time. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff.

Working closely with our management, the local and national AFM, and Kevin Case, the orchestra came together one full day in late June to pre-record a televised (and web-streamed) 4th of July Concert. Having served on the Orchestra Committee throughout this challenging year, I can tell you that the significant preparations, research, precautionary measures taken, and lessons learned during that process (it turned out great) have informed our approach to the fall, as have the several ongoing academic studies, including those on wind instrument aerosols and transmission risks. We hope to continue to make live music to the extent possible, as SAFELY as possible, in close cooperation between musicians, management, AFM, ICSOM, and counsel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: