• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

It's been a long, long, long time

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WildWilly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're correct George, my boo-boo. My Tradition of Excellence student workbook doesn't show that C. Maybe they don't want to frighten a newbie. This morning I got the D just above and I'm pleased as punch.
Gretsch Pathfinder
GeorgeB
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildWilly wrote:
You're correct George, my boo-boo. My Tradition of Excellence student workbook doesn't show that C. Maybe they don't want to frighten a newbie. This morning I got the D just above and I'm pleased as punch.

Fantastic. You're doing great.
1938-39 Olds Recording
1942 Buescher 400 Bb trumpet
1952 Selmer Paris 21 B
1999 Conn Vintage One B flat trumpet
2020 Getzen 490 Bb
1962 Conn Victor 5A cornet
aztecwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Comeback for us oldies Reply with quote

Welcome back to playing WildWilly. I like yourself had not played in years (1969 Olds Recording in high school) Although I had a music scholarship available to play college, I joined the Navy and went off to Viet Nam, figured I'd major in music after service. It took til retirement at age 62 to start playing again. Glad I did as it provides so much joy and relaxation of the mind and soul. For me endurance was the hardest part, as I remembered all the basics, it was just a matter of putting in some work. Within a year, I was able to reach G over high C on demand, but was satisfied with playing 3rd trumpet parts with my local community band. I made sure not to rush anything and enjoy playing. Comeback was interrupted after 4 years of playing again, so I took up the baritone as band had too many trumpeteers and not enough low brass. Another break due to parents illnesses took another year off while caring for them. A move to Dallas area, started up with 2 community bands, but back surgery stopped me again, then Covid. Luck to you and all of us old timers. In senior apt. now so practice is limited with practice mute.

Bach Strad 72
Bach Lone Star Limited Strad 37
Bach Strad Cornet 25
Olds Recording
Olds Super
Olds Opera
Besson Brevete Cornet (My first horn from grade school refinished)
Yamaha Baritone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: