• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Finding a double case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJceltics33
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:55 am    Post subject: Finding a double case Reply with quote

Looking for a durable yet light gig bag for two trumpets. Preferably under $300. Space for mutes would be a plus, but I only really need space for my mouthpiece case. I prefer when there's space to put the instruments rather than having to "squish" them in if you know what I mean. I guess the term is soft hard case?

Any recommendations? Thanks!
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had good luck with a Gaard double case, which carried both my trumpet and flugelhorn. Soft case but well protected. Carried other accessories separately. I prefer to distribute the weight of everything rather that consolidate it in one, unbalanced, load.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Brassnose
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just came across these this morning (needless to say I haven’t tested them yet): https://www.brassbags.co.uk/premier-bags/double-trumpet-gig-bag.html
1980/2023 Custom Blessing Scholastic C 😎
1977 Conn 6B
1951 Buescher 400 Lightweight
AR Resonance, Frate, Klier
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ProTec IPAC double trumpet case may be something for you. I have used it for a few years and apart from some minor wear on the outercover it's still as new. Sturdy, light and usable with both shoulder band and backpack straps. You can also customize its interior to match your trumpet and it holds 4 mouthpieces by default. The only reason I stopped using it is because I rarely bring 2 trumpets and (because the second trumpet space cannot hold my sheet music) I had to pair it with another bag anyway, so a smaller, lighter single case was more suitable for my situation. Your trumpets will be safe in them for everything except maybe the cargo hold of an airplane.
CJceltics33
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone! After some research I think I will get the Gard Elite Compact Double gig bag:

https://thompsonmusic.com/product/4-ecskgardelitecompactdoubletrumpetgigbagsyntheticwithleathertrim/
seilogramp
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJceltics33 wrote:
Thank you everyone! After some research I think I will get the Gard Elite Compact Double gig bag:

https://thompsonmusic.com/product/4-ecskgardelitecompactdoubletrumpetgigbagsyntheticwithleathertrim/

Looks great! Let us know how it goes.
1972 Getzen Eterna 900S
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seilogramp wrote:
Looks great! Let us know how it goes.

Second that. I'm interested to hear your experiences as well.

N.B. On photo 7/8 of the link you provided, the bag's sides bulge slightly. I'd be interested to learn if that says anything about the strength of the case or not.
CJceltics33
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The case finally came in today!

First impressions:

it is small, and the horns fit tightly in the case. I guess this is good as they won't be bouncing around.

It seems durable and strong.

The inserts are a little annoying...should I keep them in? Do they provide extra protection?

It came with a cover for the case and a little six inch bag that I'm not sure what I'll do with yet.
spitvalve
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJceltics33 wrote:
The case finally came in today!

First impressions:

it is small, and the horns fit tightly in the case. I guess this is good as they won't be bouncing around.

It seems durable and strong.

The inserts are a little annoying...should I keep them in? Do they provide extra protection?

It came with a cover for the case and a little six inch bag that I'm not sure what I'll do with yet.

Based on the picture of the bag I would keep the inserts in there just to avoid additional movement. The only issue might be if you have in-bell stands that you want to carry in the case--the cones wouldn't work then, but you could put some additional padding at the ends of the bells--Gard would probably sell you some extra pads if you need them. Or you could use rolled-up socks and have extra pairs available in the event you step in a puddle on your way to a gig.
1999 Getzen Eterna 700S
1977 Getzen Eterna 895S Flugelhorn
1969 Getzen Capri cornet
1995 UMI Benge 4PSP piccolo trumpet
Warburton and Stomvi Flex mouthpieces
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: