• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Curry 1.25c vs Bach 1.25c

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonak5634

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject: Curry 1.25c vs Bach 1.25c Reply with quote

Hello!

For anyone who has played both a curry and Bach 1.25c, what were the differences in size and rim contour? I may be interested in the Curry if the inner diameter is smaller than most Bach 1.25c’s, and if the rim is less round.

Thanks!
jondrowjf@gmail.com
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject: Website Reply with quote

Hi,
Have you looked at Bach and Curry website for mouthpiece specifications?
chrisf3000
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own several Bach 1-1/4 mouthpieces as well as several Curry 1.25 mp's. The main difference is that the Curry's are very consistently made, where all of my Bach's vary slightly. In terms of contour, the Curry is ever so slightly rounded but not too round. Overall I find them extremely comfortable. The Bach's all have so many variations in their contour it's honestly hard to compare.

As for size, the Curry's are ever so slightly smaller in diameter than any of the Bach's I own. I haven't checked the actual numbers, but they certainly feel like they fall in between a Bach 1-1/4 and a 1-1/2 size. For me this has been a great find, as I have been looking for something in that in-between size for some time. The Curry's are truly well-made mouthpieces, as long as you don't mind the sizes being a "small 1-1/4". I would recommend the Bach blank, though, if you're special-ordering. For me, the traditional Curry seems to have a slight bit more mass which I am personally not a fan of. Hope that helps.
Miketpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add, I believe the Curry 1/4BC rim is different and has consistent contour with all the other BC sizes.

Mike
Denny Schreffler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing on Bach 1¼C pieces in 1964. I transitioned to 1½C's, B's, and B-C's (Bach, then Curry) when I was playing a lot.

If you're currently on a stock, Bach 1¼C, try a Curry.

Also consider his 1¼BC, and ..., consider trying the 1½C or BC

-Denny
wehip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play a Bach 1-1/4C on Bb trumpet. I’ve never loved the feel of the sharp bite on the rim, but I’ve been unable to fine anything else that gives me the same richness of sound on trumpet as the Bach. I do use Curry 1.25 pieces on flugel and cornet though, as Bach 1-1/4 pieces are of little use for these horns. I find the Curry rim to be quite comfortable and pretty easy to play alongside the Bach. I’d say the main difference is that the Curry has less of a sharp bite and I know many prefer this over the Bach.
Piccolo: Kanstul 920
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: