• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Music stand

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me ask a related question. What is the most compact, smallest stand (excluding desktop stands), weight and strength, not a factor. Thanks.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad361 wrote:
The problem with a lot of folding stands is they DO collapse.😉

I have a couple of KMs, the desktop folds, very sturdy (an Arbans would be no problem) and they come with a carry bag. When folded in the bag, it’s about the size of a disassembled pool cue stick. I’ve brought it into gigs where someone thought that’s what it was.

Brad

The K&M folding stand is definitely the best stand of its type that I've seen. It looks and folds a bit like other spindly wire stands but it's quite a bit sturdier.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:
Let me ask a related question. What is the most compact, smallest stand (excluding desktop stands), weight and strength, not a factor. Thanks.

The K&M 101 is very small when folded (only 39cm). It fits in the front pocket of my wife's saxophone case, but it's slightly too big to fit in a ProTec contoured front pocket (it would fit in the front pocket of a regular ProTec case though).

Crazy Finn wrote:
Looking at the pictures, I can't tell whether I have the 101 or this one. I bought it a decade ago, in person - and I can't tell what is different between them visually, from the pictures.

I'd go look, but it's lost somewhere in my basement. It's like the small, sad, messy version of the warehouse in Indiana Jones or Warehouse 13.

Lat reply but I would love to see some pitures of your basement. Thanks for the advice though, I wound up buying both the 101 (for my wife who needed a very compact one for her saxophone case) and the 105 for myself (which is slightly sturdier but still fits in my bag easily).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: