• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Roll Out #4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject: Roll Out #4 Reply with quote

This exercise is helping me to get BE really kicking in. (I hope).

BE has been increasing my endurance drastically but my range has still been stuck on high G. Today while playing RO#4 I'm getting squeals up to double C.

Hope this continues and improves.
steve0930
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike
Sounds like you are making great progress! Quick question... on the RO4 do you notice an RI element kicking in as you ascend or are you RO all the way? I 'm more in the RO all the way set up mode but as yet can only really punch out the Bb above the staff on RO4.

You're playing notes I can only dream of but I'm only 6 months or so with BE so I have time on my side (thank heavens BE's unit of measure is light years as opposed to traditional learning trumpet years. otherwize at soon 57years I would simply run out of track. ) Today (at 1030 am in a Helsinki morning) for the first time I believed that maybe an A or a B above the staff are easier to play than notes in the staff.. if someone half a year ago had told me that within six months I might have that mind set I would have labelled them a lunatic.

Do please keep us posted on progress / tips..

cheers steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: