• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Cheap Condenser Mics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zack_Mac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Cheap Condenser Mics Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am a high school band director and this year we are 100% remote this year. All students in our district have laptops. Almost all assignments are recording assignments and many students are using the mic on their laptops which are obviously not meant for recording instruments.

I want to purchase a few cheap USB condenser microphones to lend to students. Something in the $30-$50 range. Does anybody have recommendations for mics they know work well?
lakejw
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a while I was using the Audio Technica AT-2020i. It's a really good USB mic. Has cables to plug into mobile devices as well, including iphones and ipads.

Last I saw they were retailing ~$100, but you might look for some used on eBay or Reverb. The resale value is probably not super hot.

One tip - turn the volume knob on the mic down to about 5-10%. Works pretty well for voice and trumpet at that level.

johnlakejazz.com
Beyond16
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Raleno USB microphone for my daughter's remote tuba playing. It has a volume boost knob on front and works well so far. I also rigged up a clip that mounts it to the bell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: