• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Arban Exercises Play-along Videos - Call/Response

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trombahonker
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Arban Exercises Play-along Videos - Call/Response Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm excited to have uploaded Arban exercises #1-15 from part one of the Grand Method in a "call/response" format, with #11-15 at varying tempos. I will record the entirety of Part One of Arban, and other selected exercises. This is inspired by the need as a teacher to provide quality demonstration to students digitally, and I thought it might be useful to others.

Feel free to check out the videos on my Trombahonker Youtube Channel. Everything is free, and there are other projects in the works too including recording: all the Arban duets as play alongs; the Irons flexibility book; parts of the Schlossberg book, and more.

Here is a link to the playlist of the Arban Play Along exercises. I will be adding to this playlist.

Trombahonker wrote:
In this series, I will record Arban exercises in a “call/response” format for anyone to play along with. I will record some exercises at various tempos, all indicated in the title.

Full HD videos on:
YouTube: Trombahonker
Facebook: Trombahonker’s Practice Studio
Twitter: @Trombahonker
Instagram: @Trombahonker

The Arban Conservatory Method for Trumpet (available for free on IMSLP.org) is the closest thing to a “trumpet Bible” that we have. It is comprehensive and has nearly everything a player needs within its covers to become a fine trumpeter. In this series, I will endeavor to record the entire “First Studies” section to be used by students of any level.

Try streaming the video to your TV, or make it full screen on your laptop, then stand where you can see me playing out of the side of your vision with your Arban on the stand - hit play and play along!

Available free on IMSLP:
https://imslp.org/wiki/Special:ReverseLookup/372829

#TrombahonkerPracticeStudio
#TrombahonkerPlayAlong

Here are a few of the videos:

Link

Link

Link

Thanks for your interest, and please reach out with feedback, and especially with suggestions for material that would be useful to you and others.

Regards,
Aaron

Last edited by trombahonker on Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:32 am; edited 3 times in total
SSmith1226
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron,
As a result of your post I had the opportunity to look and subscribe to your YouTube Site. The amount of outstanding instructional and informational video is overwhelming! This site is a dream come true for the serious student or comeback player in this era of social isolation.
My question to you is whether you have any recommendations in general, where to start and how to best utilize these wonderful resources in the most efficient manner? Do you give online lessons / evaluations to help determine this?
Again, you should be commended for your exceptional effort and accomplishment.
trombahonker
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SSmith1226 wrote:
Aaron,
...The amount of outstanding instructional and informational video is overwhelming! This site is a dream come true for the serious student or comeback player in this era of social isolation.
My question to you is whether you have any recommendations in general, where to start and how to best utilize these wonderful resources in the most efficient manner? Do you give online lessons / evaluations to help determine this?...

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your kind words. Ideally, the things on the Trombahonker Practice Studio channel can be supplemental in a live student-teacher relationship, with a teacher being able to refer to specific videos with an assignment. Ie "Work on clarity of articulation with Arban 12 and 13, and you can go back and forth with those exercises using these videos".

I've been focus on creating a library of material so that I can build out "practice sessions" via playlists for anyone to follow along if they'd like. I also intend to create some "mini-lesson" videos where I talk about how to choose and organize exercises to help you achieve things. Lastly, I hope to this material can eventually be useful for band and orchestra programs, so I may work on videos that could specifically guide a young player through a series of "warmup" or something. Before any of that, I wanted to have enough material recorded, and have worked out many of the technical kinks (big learning curve for me), so that I could better target my efforts.

One of the benefits with Youtube is that any user can create their own playlist of any public videos - so anyone can take any of my videos and organize them in a personal playlist however they desire.

Regarding teaching, I am available privately, but it is not a driving force behind creating this project. I really would encourage players to find a local teacher to help them in person, but I'm happy to help players who don't have that option.

Thank you for your interest!
Aaron
trombahonker
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have just added Arban exercises #16-30 with varying tempos in the same call/response format.

Feel free to check out the videos on my Trombahonker Youtube Channel

Here is a direct link to the playlist of the Arban Play Along exercises.

Everything is free, and there are other projects in the works too including recording: all the Arban duets as play alongs; the Irons flexibility book; parts of the Schlossberg book, and more.

Here are a few of the new videos.

Link

Link

Link

Link

Thanks for your interest!
Aaron
trombahonker
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject: Arban Exercises 31-50 posted! Reply with quote

Happy December all!

I have just added Arban exercises #31-50 with varying tempos in the same call/response format.

Here is a direct link to the playlist of the Arban Play Along exercises.

Here are a few of the new videos:

Link

Link

Link

Link

All of these and more are available free on my Trombahonker's Practice Studio page on Youtube!

Best,
Aaron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: