• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Interesting/encouraging chops feeling immediately after RO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetguts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject: Interesting/encouraging chops feeling immediately after RO Reply with quote

So after I finish RO1 and RO2 (haven't gone much beyond those, just started incorporating RO3 recently), I check the pitch on my last double pedal F#. I roll in the slightest bit and play first space F# and my chops feel incredible all the way up the scale and back down. Up a half space to G, same thing. Ab, too. It's effortless and my embouchure feels on auto pilot, as though just thinking about the scales makes them leap out of my horn. My sound is full and has a ringing quality, to boot.

The feeling fades fairly quickly, but if I do RO1 or RO2 later on, it's there again. Then gone again.

Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do to make this feeling a permanent aspect of my playing?

Thanks.
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are adding more RO to your setup. For many players, this awakens an entirely new experience of ease in playing.

But the feeling can be lost quickly, as old habits are still in control. Changing the chops into a more balanced setup is an ongoing process. Practice the BE material as directed. Think weeks and months for changes to take hold, rather than days.

Jeff
trumpetguts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. Thanks for the reply, Jeff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: