• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Paul Cacia updates?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soulfire
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Paul Cacia updates? Reply with quote

Anybody have any updates on Paul Cacia? Last I heard he was hospitalized, not doing well and had stopped playing entirely. He never really gets talked about as much as he may deserve. Regardless of your feelings on the whole "scream trumpet" thing, Paul was a fantastic all-round trumpet player in his prime. I was listening to a few of his songs the other day and man... the guy had serious chops.
rothman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a fine player, no doubt about it. Long time ago, following highschool graduation, I got to hang out a few weeks in Los Angeles, and where possible, got in a few rehearsal bands. It was a shock to my system, as most of them were much better, stronger players.

Then one afternoon at the union, a band was setting up and a guy I shook hands with, spoke for a minute, who mentioned his name was Paul, the leader. Years later it occurred to me it was Paul Cacia. He was nice, but had a supreme confidence where the future was taking him. I'd never met someone prior to famous that knew with conviction what lay ahead, but in all fairness he could back it up and sounded efficient with nice phrasing while playing with the band.
EdMann
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to meet Paul in Vegas through a mutual friend over 10 years ago, and we ate and talked music for a couple of hours. Super nice man, and had some funny stories to tell about Claude Gordon, his teacher for so many years, and how he informed him that he was going to a smaller set up. Hope he's ok.

ed
www.fortheloveofradiobook.com
rothman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were stories told among students of Claude Gordon that waited outside the room to follow Paul in the schedule, where they heard stuff far beyond someone that age could play..

___

Last edited by rothman on Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
ejweiss
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rothman"]There are stories told among students of Claude Gordon that waited outside the room to follow Paul in the schedule, where they heard stuff that was not typical of someone that age to play..

You might want to use a different site for posting images. Just saying...
rothman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mastering the trumpet in highschool..

http://paulcacia.com/The%20Protege.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: