• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Claude Bolling passed away

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject: Claude Bolling passed away Reply with quote

12/29/2020 -- R.I.P.

https://en.claude-bolling.com/
Noodly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww. Twenty years ago as a learning exercise I did an arrangement for his "Jazz Suite for Flute and Piano" rearranged for Wind Quintet, the Flute part remaining unchanged. I still have parts of it lying around somewhere. It was fun picking out the multiple horizontal parts from the piano score; he had not written it as just a bunch of block piano chords. As I recall the most tricky part was assigning the lowest bass and piano notes to either the French Horn or the Bassoon, depending on which tonal color seemed best at that particular spot to make it idiomatically "Wind Quintet" rather than "Flute and Piano". It would be a complete Copyright violation to publish it anywhere I am sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: