• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Just got an old Bach 5b! Wow!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
improver
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to say that I'm 63 years old and have been playing since I was 7. In all my years of playing I knew about the Bach 5b since I played a Bach 3b for 20 years, but I never realized what a perfectly balanced mouthpiece the 5b was. Now having played it awhile I would say it plays more open than other sizes, the cup room and depth are perfect allows for a vivid lively but dark sound. The rim on the older large letter ones is less bite. I'm going out on a limb to say it's the best Bach mouthpiece I've played. 20 years ago I played with a former friend Gabe Johnson one night in a club and he was playing a 37 and a 5b. I thought he sounded amazing. It prompted me to ask him what piece are you playing on. He now plays a committee and a Bach 3 and still sounds great, but I'm not sure as good as on that 5b with his 37. I also ordered the 14d4. Amazing piece. It's like a commercial more open form of the 5b. Same sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: