• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Old Interview with Herseth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vin DiBona
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: Old Interview with Herseth. Reply with quote

Here is an old radio interview from WMAQ radio in Chicago with 30 year old Bud Herseth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR3Sm0-0MxEbE26F9YtumxAT7nB-Qwv7lrU0YNUBu-UC_WYVpqBKom3QuFw&v=GeON7EU-EdM&feature=youtu.be
Interestingly, he is not using a pic on Goldenberg and Schmuyle.
Schilke had not yet perfected his design yet.
R. Tomasek
ProAm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was enjoyable!

In the broadcast the host mentions that they had spoken a year earlier - I wonder if there is another broadcast available?

1951 - the famous Mt Vernon Bach C’s of the CSO didn’t arrive until 1955. What was Bud playing prior to the Bach? A Holton?
Vin DiBona
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was forced to endorse Holton as an obligation (they sponsored the CSO Brass Ensemble), but his orchestral horn was always a Bach C.
R. Tomasek
johnski25
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks so much for posting that. I found that very interesting and amazed, as always, at his playing. I was just listening through my cheap computer speakers and when he was playing the Strauss the overtones were making the speakers scream. Also, his attacks were so smooth, almost as if he entered with a perfect breath attack sometimes.

Thanks again,

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: