• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

What headphones do you use with Yamaha Silent Brass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwood66
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject: What headphones do you use with Yamaha Silent Brass Reply with quote

My daughter recently moved back in with me recently, so my late night and early morning practicing is now somewhat impacted by other people trying to sleep. I purchased a newer model Yamaha silent brass practice mute a couple of months before she moved out. I currently use a set of $20 Sony MDR V150s that I had laying around the house. They seem to work better than other earbuds I have tried or what Yamaha provided, however, from a comfort standpoint they feel like I am wearing C-clamp.

I did a search on here and didn't find a lot of specific recommendations. I am not an audiophile and would like to keep the price down in $50 to $60 range if possible.

Interested to hear what others may be using to the get best results.

GR 66M/66MS/66**
Bach Strad 37
Getzen 3052
Yamaha 6345
Croquethed
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sony MDRXB50 ear buds are killer good, considering you're using a Silent Brass to begin with. $50.
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Sennheiser headphones or my Bose 215 earbuds
Jim19043
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had any experience using Sennheiser HD-280 headphones with Yamaha's Silent Brass?
Christian K. Peters
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: What headphones Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am pretty happy with my audio-technica ATH-M20x. They are a bit bulky..and warm, but they have good sound.
michelletaylor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christian, I use Beats Audio by Dr. Jre, I had bought it from the black Friday sale last year and it's still working perfectly.
Riojazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The better the headphone, the more amplifier hiss you may hear from the Silent Brass.

I would think you would be happiest with a closed ear headphone, both for the amount of time you can wear it, and the prevention of sound leakage.
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What headphones Reply with quote

Christian K. Peters wrote:
Hello all,
I am pretty happy with my audio-technica ATH-M20x. They are a bit bulky..and warm, but they have good sound.

For ATH-M20x, bulkiness and thermal-insulation-warmth are indeed a little too much considering that trumpet is a physically demanding instrument.

ATH-M20x gives a reasonably flat response curve over a wide range of frequencies. I am not certain that the frequency response of Yamaha Silent Brass is equally flat (considering the relatively low cost and quality of its amplifier). YSB seems to have a gain limiter making ff dynamics sound much weaker, and pp dynamics stronger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: