• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Baroque vocal repertiore - OnTrumpet.com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bachner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject: Baroque vocal repertiore - OnTrumpet.com Reply with quote

I've created a new website that is a free resource of play-along music for trumpet players.

http://OnTrumpet.com

It has a hundred pieces of sheet music and recordings to play along with. The music consists mostly of Baroque vocal repertiore. You have probably never played 95% of this music or even heard it before.

It's a project I began a couple months ago and am working to release many more play-along arrangements. The website is not fancy because it exists for you to access the materials and get playing quickly. I think you will find this beautiful music a joy to play. Each piece is distinct, melodic, and challenging in its own way.

This material will always be ad-free, free of charge, and distributed freely. Let me know how you like/dislike it and thank you for checking it out!
ayryq
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's pretty great. I hope you don't get in trouble - what is the source of the recordings?

I think it might be good to offer two separate downloads to save on bandwidth, a small one with only PDFs and a large one with all the recordings.

I wish the recordings were missing the melody part, but I understand that would be a much larger undertaking. On the other hand it's really nice to hear how a singer inflects and phrases a line, as we try to make our playing more musical.

I wish the PDFs were available for other keys, not just Bb trumpet.

Definitely worth the download, thanks for offering it.
DEG Signature 2000 Bb/A picc
Yamaha YTR-9835 Bb/A picc
Yamaha Bobby Shew flugel
Yamaha Neo cornet
bachner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for your comments! The recordings are all from youtube videos. Almost all have been modified in some way to work toward the goal of playing along (EQ/volume/pitch/etc). The sheet music matches the audio file, but not usually the original youtube recording. This is why I have kept both files together.

I've had the same thoughts as you concerning the melody in the recording. I would like to do piano reductions once I hit a point of satisfaction with list of pieces I plan to complete. My enjoyment comes from playing along. However, having piano reductions would mean the pieces could be performed publicly. That is a long term goal. It's mostly a "data entry" hurdle.

Because I have the score files (created in MuseScore), sheet music could be re-arranged for other instruments/keys. Considering a C version. That would mean more than Bb trumpets/clarinets could make use of it.
cgaiii
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this. It is an interesting resource.
Just curious if you have any interest in sharing the MuseScore files. It would be nice to transpose some of these for trumpets in other keys.
Bb Bugle: Kanstul
Bb Pocket: Manchester Brass
Flugel: Taylor Standard
Bass Trumpet: BAC Custom
Natural Tr: Custom Haas replica by Nikolai Mänttäri Morales
bachner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgaiii wrote:
Thanks for this. It is an interesting resource.
Just curious if you have any interest in sharing the MuseScore files. It would be nice to transpose some of these for trumpets in other keys.

Here is a .ZIP of the musescore files. My apologies.. they are not named in an orderly fashion, but they are all there. http://ontrumpet.com/OnTrumpet vol.1_MuseScore.zip
cgaiii
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Very generous of you to share your work like this.
Bb Bugle: Kanstul
Bb Pocket: Manchester Brass
Flugel: Taylor Standard
Bass Trumpet: BAC Custom
Natural Tr: Custom Haas replica by Nikolai Mänttäri Morales
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: