• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Diaphragm Truth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff_Purtle
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject: Diaphragm Truth Reply with quote

https://www.purtle.com/audio/claude-gordon-brass-camp-1991-larry-miller-diaphragm-fallacy-and-dissection

This and the other similar audio from Dr. Miller is worth listening to. At a couple of the Claude Gordon Camps he actually brought a human diaphragm for people to hold. I saw it. Most people don’t realize what it is. Listen to him explain it. Great stuff.
+1 864-354-3223 iPhone w/ FaceTime
JayKosta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a 5 minute portion that addresses the 'basics' of diaphragm operation and control?
If so, can someone post the relevant timestamp(s).
Oh ya, watch the conductor - they set what is 'on time'.
Jeff_Purtle
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Larry Miller wrote the one page article in Claude Gordon’s Brass Playing Is No Harder Than Deep Breathing book. This lecture goes into much more detail.

The main points are: 1. The Diaphragm is a transducer; 2. The Diaphragm is connected to the brain through involuntarily controlled nerves; 3. The Diaphragm is a very thin sheet of muscle fiber that dispels the notion of it generating the power many attribute to it.

I would listen to the entire audio and Larry is an excellent presenter and likely summarizes at the conclusion.

In the future all of those audio lectures on my site will have full transcripts that will be searchable. I may add time stamps too. However, the few that are up now took about 12 hours or more for one hour of audio. It’s extremely time consuming. I believe there are now 76 audio files with some well over two hours long. Last year during the lockdowns I listened to every one of those from 8am until 2am for over a week as I transferred them from a pro level cassette player to digital into LogicProX. That plus all the changes to my site were how I spent my extra time.

Jeff
JayKosta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff_Purtle wrote:
... That plus all the changes to my site were how I spent my extra time.

Jeff

------------------------------
Jeff, I do appreciate your contributions, and all the work you do - thanks!
Oh ya, watch the conductor - they set what is 'on time'.
Jeff_Purtle
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes it all worthwhile to know people are enjoying it. Please, use the social media share links on those pages. One of the design changes was that the appropriate resolution images get ingested into FaceBook and Twitter when someone just posts the url.

By the first week of June all the CG YouTube videos with the sheet music will be done and then I can move onto new material for YouTube that I’m excited about. The transcripts are something I really want done and then once that’s all up I will upgrade my server and pay more for Apache Solr that will provide a dedicated search engine for the text within the site to do more elaborate things. I paid for a service to do three of the transcripts but they had so many errors I had to spend more hours reviewing it than just doing it all manual to begin with. One of my hopes for Patreon is to generate some financial support to pay people to do the transcripts and eventually get the site to self-support itself.

The design has a few more tweaks that are in the works.

Spread the word about my site.
Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: