• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Awesome new buzz mute

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshRzepka
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject: Awesome new buzz mute Reply with quote

Hey TH, I just had the opportunity to review the new buzz mute created by Ed Hirschman and Kenny Rampton - it's very cool.

If you've ever wanted a buzz mute that's super loud, you'll want to check this out.

I demonstrate it here, and I also interviewed Ed and Kenny in this vid - so lots of very cool history and information.

Link

Denis Wick Artist
Didymus
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: vs. Huber Buzz? Reply with quote

A few weeks ago you reviewed several new Huber mutes, including their buzz-pixie. How does the Hirschman compare to the Huber?
JoshRzepka
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: vs. Huber Buzz? Reply with quote

Didymus wrote:
A few weeks ago you reviewed several new Huber mutes, including their buzz-pixie. How does the Hirschman compare to the Huber?

I'd say that they are two completely different mutes. The Huber is a pixie that also has a buzz function, but primarily it's still a pixie in form. I dig it, and if I were needing a pixie and wanted a slightly colored sound - that would be it.

The Chicago Stinger mute was designed to be maximum buzz - that's it's function. I'd use that if I wanted to have a loud buzz sound - not a pixie situation. It definitely grabs attention if you want a different sound.
Denis Wick Artist
edisonia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to this, Josh is correct. The Chicago Stinger Gen II has more buzz than any mute I know of. It can be used alone or under one of our KR Indigo Plungers. Conversely, the KR Indigo Plungers work well most standard-sized straight mutes, so a pixie mute is no longer needed under your plunger.

Ed Hirschman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: