• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Kanstul Valve Threads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hrossey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject: Kanstul Valve Threads Reply with quote

Does anyone know if any other manufacturers use the system threads as Kanstul on their instruments? I have a KGU trim kit for a Lawler cornet with Kanstul valves and I wanted to know if they would fit any other horns?
shofarguy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Kanstul Valve Threads Reply with quote

Hrossey wrote:
Does anyone know if any other manufacturers use the system threads as Kanstul on their instruments? I have a KGU trim kit for a Lawler cornet with Kanstul valves and I wanted to know if they would fit any other horns?

One place that would know is Picket Brass and Blackburn Trumpets. Picket has made trim kits for most mainstream horns.

https://www.pickettblackburn.com/contact_us.html

Flip Oakes Wild Thing Bb Trumpet in copper
Flip Oakes Wild Thing Flugelhorn in copper

There is one reason that I practice: to be ready at the downbeat when the final trumpet sounds.
Goby
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kanstul uses 8-32 threads, so your buttons should fit Getzen, Edwards, Monette, Kanstul, Martin, Calicchio, Olds, DEG, Canadian Brass, most Lawlers, Blackburn, Callet, King, and Vega.
Divitt Trumpets
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goby wrote:
Kanstul uses 8-32 threads, so your buttons should fit Getzen, Edwards, Monette, Kanstul, Martin, Calicchio, Olds, DEG, Canadian Brass, most Lawlers, Blackburn, Callet, King, and Vega.

The threads itself is only one part of a button fitting another brand. The critical measurement is the depth of the skirt, which determines the valve alignment. Sometimes this can be adjusted with different felts, but not always.

This post is about the top/bottom caps though, which aren't 8-32.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: