• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Thank You Jeff Smiley!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Thank You Jeff Smiley! Reply with quote

Yesterday I had my first rehearsal since the pandemic hit. It is a horn rock band playing Motown, Chicago, BS&T, EWF, TOP, etc. I have been working on BE for about 2 years. Last year I could make it through a 3 set gig with the group okay. I had to have them put the challenging stuff early in the set and mix it up with some of the easier stuff. Yesterday we played through 3 sets of music without taking a break. That was around 2 to 2.5 hours of playing. We finished with Diggin on James Brown and Power of Love (Huey Lewis). D's and E's no problem.

When playing jazz I used to struggle with playing the head of a tune and then going straight into my soloing after more than 1 chorus. Now I can play the head and several choruses no problem.

BE has made a big difference in my trumpet life.
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the good words, Mike. Much appreciated!

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: