• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Possible Scammer?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdbrooks1952

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Possible Scammer? Reply with quote

I just received interest in someone wanting to purchase my Yamaha. He ID'd himself as a student, that he was interested and would I accept Paypal. He wanted to know if it was a good horn for lead or classical use. I told him I only play in a concert band, so I could not answer that. I requested his location since I will only ship in the US 48. He gave me a PO Box in NY. I told him about possible scamming on this site and would prefer to use escrow.com to ensure a safe transfer.

His respones was: "Sorry but one of the reasons I wanted to use paypal was so I could paypal credit and make some payments on it. Im not gonna force you to switch over to that so I think I'm gonna back out sorry!"

Not a real legit response, since you can always transfer your Paypal credit out to your own checking acct and use the funds however you wish. Also the grammar was a little off on his response. So I let this one go. What does anyone think about this inquiry for purchase as a possible scam?
ghelbig
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible Scammer? Reply with quote

jdbrooks1952 wrote:
... would I accept Paypal. ... a PO Box in NY. ... as a possible scam?

Yes, it is a possible scam. In my opinion, it is a scam.

PayPal requires that you use tracking. I do not think that tracking is available when sending to a PO Box. I would never send anything of value to a PO Box.

If you can't prove that it was delivered, he doesn't have to pay for it. That's how the PayPal buyer protection works.

Gary.
jdbrooks1952

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those good words of advice. I appreciate the fact that Trumpet Herald has been open about these possible scams. I would hate to have my first sale on Trumpet Herald to be a scam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: