• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Need new audio interface for home recordings, help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krax
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:30 am    Post subject: Need new audio interface for home recordings, help! Reply with quote

I have two ribbon mics that I really like (https://www.bumblebeepro.com/shop/rm-5-ribbon-mic-kit/) and I've been recording myself using them and my Zoom H4n, but now the H4n has taken a bit too much of my abuse and I need to get something else. I want to continue using my ribbons, so my question is what kind of audio interface should I get?

All input is appreciated! Despite those diy ribbons, I really don't know much about recordings.
krell1960
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Need new audio interface for home recordings, help! Reply with quote

krax wrote:
I have two ribbon mics that I really like (https://www.bumblebeepro.com/shop/rm-5-ribbon-mic-kit/) and I've been recording myself using them and my Zoom H4n, but now the H4n has taken a bit too much of my abuse and I need to get something else. I want to continue using my ribbons, so my question is what kind of audio interface should I get?

All input is appreciated! Despite those diy ribbons, I really don't know much about recordings.

any one of these should work:

https://www.musictech.net/guides/buyers-guide/best-budget-audio-interfaces-under-300/

i have personal experience with m-audio, focusrite and presonus and all work basically the same. the software you use can make a big difference, i usually just use Audacity, but my son exposed me to Logic and it is quite a step up, but it all depends on what your trying to accomplish and how critical you want to make your recordings.

good luck,

tom
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought a Focusrite 2i2 from Sweetwater. It comes with ProTools First, a stripped down version of ProTools that does pretty much everything I need, and other recording software.

I am quite pleased with the results.
krax
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Is it always USB to the computer? When I used my H4n I saved the files on the memory card and took the card to computer later, to work with.
a.kemp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That buyers guide listed above is a great reference. All solid machines.

I’ve had the Focusrite, which is excellent.

But, I’d opt for the Audient ID4. Amazing little machine with better pre’s than anything else in this range.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: