• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet Case - Single

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PNut
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject: Trumpet Case - Single Reply with quote

I'm looking for a Schiller Hard-Shell Single Trumpet case.

I found them on this website. They look well made, but they are out of stock in both stores.

https://www.jimlaabsmusicstore.com/store/schiller-hard-shell-trumpet-case/

Can anyone recommend another dealer for this type, or at least suggest a similar, well made single trumpet case?
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope their cases are higher quality than their horns.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
giakara
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor quality products, I suggest you to try the Getzen case,is very similar and build like a tank.

Regards
Getzen eterna 910 C
Getzen eterna 850 cornet
Selmer Paris 3 valve picc
Yamaha 731 flugel
Carol mini pocket
Reeves/Purviance mpcs
ayryq
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to buy a used case of similar quality for the same money with a horn still inside of it. Check second-hand stores and pawn shops. I don't know the deal in Canada, but I'd check around here on facebook marketplace and craigslist too.

Locally, I found a $100 beginner Yamaha horn with case in Buffalo. An $80 unbranded trumpet with case in Rochester. A $50 Conn with a very weird bell with a not-very-good case in Georgetown.

I can't suggest anything else of better quality for the money. My cases were a lot more expensive than that.
DEG Signature 2000 Bb/A picc
Yamaha YTR-9835 Bb/A picc
Yamaha Bobby Shew flugel
Yamaha Neo cornet
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ayryq wrote:
You might be able to buy a used case of similar quality for the same money with a horn still inside of it. Check second-hand stores and pawn shops. I don't know the deal in Canada, but I'd check around here on facebook marketplace and craigslist too.

Locally, I found a $100 beginner Yamaha horn with case in Buffalo. An $80 unbranded trumpet with case in Rochester. A $50 Conn with a very weird bell with a not-very-good case in Georgetown.

I can't suggest anything else of better quality for the money. My cases were a lot more expensive than that.

That’s the Conn Coprion Director trumpet with the rare banana bell...lol
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale Proctor wrote:
ayryq wrote:

That’s the Conn Coprion Director trumpet with the rare banana bell...lol

And a “not very good case”.....hence the banana bell, also known as the “customized for audience covid-protection” bell.😉

Brad
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Trumpet Case - Single Reply with quote

PNut wrote:
Can anyone recommend another dealer for this type, or at least suggest a similar, well made single trumpet case?

What kind of case do you want?

ProTec makes solid cases. Most of them are fabric covered hardshells. The Max case isn't too expensive and works like a traditional case, just cordura or nylon covered. The contoured case is good as well and I have a few multi-horn cases.

Gator is like ProTec, maybe a small step down, but maybe not. Aside from ProTec style cases, they also have a plastic shell hard case.

SKB has both square and contoured style hard shell cases.

You can find any of these on Amazon.

There's a lot more kinds of cases out there, but those are some basics. There aren't a lot of woodcase hardshell old school cases anymore, but Jakob Winter in Germany makes some. They're not cheap, but they're a high quality version of the one you posted initially.

I don't know anything about the Schiller Case you posted, but their horns are of .... variable quality.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: