• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet/Flugel Combo Case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Existentialist
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Trumpet/Flugel Combo Case Reply with quote

I'm asking for recommendations for a good trumpet/flugelhorn combo case. I have a beautiful leather Cronkhite triple, which I love. I also live in the suburbs of Washington DC, and I need a hard case when taking my horns on the Metro. In addition, I often have to walk several blocks once I get into DC, so a case with wheels is a must. The flugel (an Inderbinen) has a big bell, and I want to be able to safely lay it on its side in the case. I'm not interested in stacking it, or having it stored on an angle.

I once had a Walt Johnson combo, which was awesome (i only wish it had wheels). Anyway, I'm in the market for something specific, and I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!
Inderbinen Wood Flugelhorn
https://crciorba.com/
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you be open to strapping the case onto a luggage cart? If you still have the Walt Johnson case that could be a possible solution.
Goby
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered a Wiseman? A little on the pricy side, but they're pretty light, and could probably be ordered with wheels if you wanted. The only other cases I can think of off the top of my head are the Torpedo 2.5 and the ProTec Mike Vax Trumpet+flugel case. Both can be ordered with wheels as far as I know.
Mark Leccese

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Boston and take my horns on the subway and I like the PRO-PAC 2019 with shoulder straps. I prefer strapping the case to my back rather than wheeling it -- I actually find it easier and I like having the horns strapped to me. I feel safer from a snatch and grab. It's got a top handle too for when you're getting in and out of the subway or sitting (if you can find a seat).

Here it is on Amazon for $135.

https://www.amazon.com/Protec-Trumpet-Flugel-Combination-PB301F/dp/B0007Y88GC
Yamaha YFH-8310Z Flugelhorn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: