• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Question about Just For Brass?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nick janczak

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject: Question about Just For Brass? Reply with quote

Has anyone out there got any experience of dealing with Just For Brass 64 Longshore Dr. Anniston, AL USA?

The reason I'm asking is that I've emailed them a few times enquiring about shipping costs to the UK for a Walt Johnson Harmon type mute and never received any reply. Then I went and ordered the mute anyway, but my order confirmation told me it was on back order - so having waited about three weeks, I've contacted them again to ask what time frame are they reckoning on for this mute to be in stock and consequently be shipped out? So far there is nothing but silence from them. Their customer service/communications are appalling! Has anyone had dealings with this shop? Should I be concerned?
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s inconvenient and not cheap, but I would try a phone call, their website lists 1-800-873-9798. I have no opinions on or experience with these guys, but IF they’re ignoring you, it’s more difficult to ignore a phone call. Sort of, anyway.

Good luck.

Brad
nieuwguyski
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern would be that the Walt Johnson mutes haven't been made in years, so going on "backorder" won't be very effective.
ayryq
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this page, the site is run by this guy. Might try contacting him through the email on that page.
DEG Signature 2000 Bb/A picc
Yamaha YTR-9835 Bb/A picc
Yamaha Bobby Shew flugel
Yamaha Neo cornet
nick janczak

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions and information. When I find out anything about this I'll let you know.
nick janczak

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject: Update on Just For Brass... Reply with quote

Hi to all those who answered my query. The latest is that the store owner emailed me recently to offer a huge apology, one of his staff was in hospital. Also, as someone here mentioned these mutes are no longer being made but they have a small supply of NOS - unfortunately for me not the Harmon one and they were looking around to see if they could get hold of one for me.
I have also been given my money back in full and offered store credit of £50.
I was not pleased with their customer service but knowing that a member of staff was ill in hospital is a very sufficient reason for not being contacted sooner also the store owner has been very decent about admitting their shortcomings in this instance and also trying to make things right.

So, anyone out there got a used but in good condition Walt Johnson Harmon type mute?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: