• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Looking for a Part to an Olds Special Trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brassman19
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject: Looking for a Part to an Olds Special Trumpet Reply with quote

Hi. I recently acquired a 1960 Olds Special (the tri-color version) trumpet (what a wonderfully-playing horn) on which the previous owner apparently lost, and replaced one of its finger keys with one from an Ambassador. It works fine, but I would really like to keep the horn all original, including its parts.

Would anybody out there in TH Land possibly have an old '60's Special trumpet like mine, that is only usable as a parts horn, and would be willing and able to sell me one of its finger buttons? If so, please PM me, including how much you want for it.

If no one has a parts horn, perhaps instead one, or several of you know where I can go to get one of the finger buttons for it instead? If so, will you please let me know?

Thank you.
Ronnman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try emailing a pic of the button you are seeking to Josh Landress at info@jlandressbrass.com

Ron
Martin Committee #2 1954
Leblanc “Al Hirt” Model 1966
Olds Custom Crafted Ultra Sonic 1974
Edwards Gen II 2014
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Olds finger button Reply with quote

If you would email a photo of the original button I will check to see if I have one.

tonyscodwell@gmail.com
dr-pepp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olds use the same style of finger buttons on Specials, Supers, and Recordings of this era. The have smooth sides and have a beveled edge. Unfortunately, they are not all identical, so you may have a hard time finding an exact match for your other two. They do show up on ebay from time to time, but a quick search does not show any right now. I have a couple of these in my parts drawer, but as I said, they may not be a perfect match. If you post a close up photo of your other two, I can let you know if I have a good match. Here is a photo of a similar vintage Super with this style of finger button.

also administrator of Olds Central
www.olds-central.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: