• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

price for a 3c bach?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAidanAU

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject: price for a 3c bach? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how much is too much for a Bach 3c mouthpiece. I got a Bach trumpet off of ebay for around 100 dollars used, but it comes with a 7c, and I would like to get a 3c. I have found an auction for 3 days on ebay, and is currently 15 dollars. If it is still 15 on the day of, I will bid for it. I will most likely not get it, so I was wondering how much a used 3c Bach mouthpiece is.
nltrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$15 for a Bach 3c that doesn't have any major defects isn't a bad price. If the plating is worn off on the rim, the shank is extremely out of round, or if there's anything else visually alarming about it, then it might be worth passing on.

Depending on the vintage (recent, Large Letters, Corp., corp, Mt Vernon, NY), the price can change a lot. Unless its one of the latter versions I mentioned, the 3c is a fairly common mouthpiece and I wouldn't pay more than $40 for a used one unless it was in exceptionally good shape.
TheAidanAU

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nltrumpet wrote:
$15 for a Bach 3c that doesn't have any major defects isn't a bad price. If the plating is worn off on the rim, the shank is extremely out of round, or if there's anything else visually alarming about it, then it might be worth passing on.

Depending on the vintage (recent, Large Letters, Corp., corp, Mt Vernon, NY), the price can change a lot. Unless its one of the latter versions I mentioned, the 3c is a fairly common mouthpiece and I wouldn't pay more than $40 for a used one unless it was in exceptionally good shape.

Okay, thanks for the info.
HaveTrumpetWillTravel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often see used Bach mouthpieces in great condition going for more, maybe 25-40.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: