• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Colored Valve Stems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gigigal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject: Colored Valve Stems Reply with quote

It is with great pleasure that today I'm launching my line of components for trumpets customization : GiGi's Trump'ieces.

The first components I'm proposing are colored valve stems!

Blue, orange, green, red, purple and matte black are the available colors.

These stems are made of aluminum treated by colored anodization (not paint!), both internally and externally, which protects them over time from corrosion and degradation.

At the moment these stems are available ONLY for one of the best valve block in the world, the german J.Meinlschmidt (Standard or MAW valves), currently used by Taylor, AR Resonance, Lotus, Martin Böhme, Werner Schmidt, Augusto Righi, Josepf Gopp, iKGottfried and many other craftsmen around the world.

However, they are also perfectly compatible with the old Bauerfeind mechanics, 3x.xxx and 4x.xxx series.

Soon they will also be made for Bach and Yamaha.

With 2 or more sets, you can have fun creating the combination of colors you like best without losing the typical agility of aluminum stems!

Here you can see some photos:
http://www.italiantrumpetforum.it//index.php?topic=13100.0

What do you think?

For those who like this kind of music, this kind of music they will like
wiemelen
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good ... please keep up posted when the Yamaha and Bach ones will become available.
Cornet : Conn 80a (1919) with Curry 1,5 BBC + Curry 1,5 VC + GR L66,9 #6
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect I know the answer to this, but...

Are the original valve stem lengths consistent enough that swapping them won't introduce alignment issues?

Based on their reputation for quality, I suspect that Yamaha instrument's valve stems will be consistent lengths. But given Bach's reputation they might vary, especially if the builders "adjust" the lengths to level the valve buttons.

I will need to take out my calipers and measure them the next time I clean my instrument.
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look very cool. Pity I play mostly vintage instruments, they wouldn't really fit (aesthetically I mean, I'm sure you could make them fit physically).

Looking forward to all the other things you come up with.
gigigal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiemelen wrote:
Looking good ... please keep up posted when the Yamaha and Bach ones will become available.

Thanks, I will.

LittleRusty wrote:
I suspect I know the answer to this, but...

Are the original valve stem lengths consistent enough that swapping them won't introduce alignment issues?

Based on their reputation for quality, I suspect that Yamaha instrument's valve stems will be consistent lengths. But given Bach's reputation they might vary, especially if the builders "adjust" the lengths to level the valve buttons.

I will need to take out my calipers and measure them the next time I clean my instrument.

Thanks for your question.
At the moment I made these stems just for Meinlschmidt valve blocks and I've checked in 9 different valve block (some standard and some MAW) and no problem of alignment came out. For sure because of the great quality of the german valve block.
Once I will start to measure and produce the Bach and Yamaha ones I will answer in more depth...but I think that also Bach, as Yamaha, has a good quality control for this kind of stuff.

For those who like this kind of music, this kind of music they will like
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: