• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Denis Wick 50th Anniversary Special Edition Straight Mute

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sylvereen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject: Denis Wick 50th Anniversary Special Edition Straight Mute Reply with quote

Hi all. Does anyone know if the denis wick anniversary straight mute plays differently from the normal denis wick straight mute?

Anniversary mute: https://www.deniswick.com/product/denis-wick-50th-anniversary-special-edition-trumpet-straight-mute/

Normal mute: https://www.deniswick.com/product/straight-mute-for-trumpet-or-cornet/

Thanks!
zaferis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of each... an aluminum and the 50th anniv. gold.

I think they are supposed to be the same, the 50th is just painted. BUT mine are slightly different in shape. I'm not sure why, it could be that Wick changed the design slightly over the years, my aluminum one is quite old.
My old one is about 1/3rd of an inch shorter and the base flat circular area is bigger - not the diameter of the mute but the flat bottom that touches when you set in down on the table.. so, it squattier.
Again, I don't know if that's a difference between old and new..

They do sound a bit different, very subtly. Shape obviously, but also maybe the weight of the gold paint/lacquer. I prefer my old one.
Retired Air Force Bandsman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: