• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Any Trumpet Players Also Car People?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMrtn
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shark01 wrote:
SMrtn wrote:
If I had the money, I'd get a couple of Porsches. My daily drive is a Subaru Outback. Like clockwork it is.

I owned a Porsche Turbo for 8 years, and highly recommend them. I probably have just one more shot at a premium sports car before I retire, and a Turbo or GT3 will be near the top of the list.....although getting another Lamborghini will be hard to pass up on.

Just beautiful. I think the turbo 911 is the total shizz - as they say. And maybe I'll ruffle a few feathers here, not that I really care mind you, Lamborghini's look kinda clunky in comparison.
Shark01
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porsche Turbos are what I would describe as handsome, what with the wide rear wheel arches and all.

Both of my cars ( Lamborghini Diablo Roadster & Ford GT) would be better described as beautiful, as they have great curves everywhere.

Will agree that modern Lamborghinis have more of a geometric business in the design, very angular. They are great fun to drive though, so that part of the classic Lamborghini DNA remains.
SMrtn
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ford GT - tough looking, like most American muscle type cars, and definitely not beautiful. Although ruggedness does have a certain beauty belonging to it.

I have not seen a Lamborghini I would describe as beautiful. They have pretensions, or aspirations to beauty, but Ferrari does it better. And don't get me started on Pagani. Lurid, silly looking machines. Bugatti Veyron is in a similar class, design wise, but I am in awe of the raw speed, but again, the Regera does that better and looks better.

The most beautiful objects are those where form is designed to serve function, and the 2022 naturally aspirated Porsche 911l, has it nailed, and the car I would own if I had the dough.

But most of this is just my opinion.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMrtn wrote:
Ford GT - tough looking, like most American muscle type cars, and definitely not beautiful. Although ruggedness does have a certain beauty belonging to it.

I have not seen a Lamborghini I would describe as beautiful. They have pretensions, or aspirations to beauty, but Ferrari does it better. And don't get me started on Pagani. Lurid, silly looking machines. Bugatti Veyron is in a similar class, design wise, but I am in awe of the raw speed, but again, the Regera does that better and looks better.

The most beautiful objects are those where form is designed to serve function, and the 2022 naturally aspirated Porsche 911l, has it nailed, and the car I would own if I had the dough.

I tend to agree with some of your viewpoints. But...

If I wanted a bathtub I would purchase a Porsche. Never did get why people liked that body type. But that too is my opinion and also probably explains why I find the Ford GT aesthetically pleasing, even beautiful.

As a current american muscle car owner, 2012 Mustang GT convertible, and previous muscle car owner, 'Cuda, Mustang, Torino, I don't see any hint of american muscle in the Ford GT. (beauty being how the car looks, not the specs)

I also find Ferrari to be hit and miss on the aesthetics. Some I find very pleasing to the eye, others not.

That said, I would drive any of these machines in a heartbeat.
Shark01
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMrtn wrote:

I literally have the opposite opinion of everything in this post.....vastly different strokes, which is fine......

I'm very fortunate to see both of them close-up every day. Wish it was easier to post pictures here.
Shark01
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
SMrtn wrote:

I tend to agree with some of your viewpoints. But...

If I wanted a bathtub I would purchase a Porsche. Never did get why people liked that body type. But that too is my opinion and also probably explains why I find the Ford GT aesthetically pleasing, even beautiful.

As a current american muscle car owner, 2012 Mustang GT convertible, and previous muscle car owner, 'Cuda, Mustang, Torino, I don't see any hint of american muscle in the Ford GT. (beauty being how the car looks, not the specs)

I also find Ferrari to be hit and miss on the aesthetics. Some I find very pleasing to the eye, others not.

That said, I would drive any of these machines in a heartbeat.

I like the styling of the wide-body 911s.....Ferrari has had trouble figuring out a pleasing design ever since they kicked Pininfarina to the curb. McLarens are all ugly to me.

On the Ford GT, this classic commercial says it all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G85Qs7e2Cbo
LaTrompeta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMrtn wrote:
Shark01 wrote:
SMrtn wrote:
If I had the money, I'd get a couple of Porsches. My daily drive is a Subaru Outback. Like clockwork it is.

I owned a Porsche Turbo for 8 years, and highly recommend them. I probably have just one more shot at a premium sports car before I retire, and a Turbo or GT3 will be near the top of the list.....although getting another Lamborghini will be hard to pass up on.

Just beautiful. I think the turbo 911 is the total shizz - as they say. And maybe I'll ruffle a few feathers here, not that I really care mind you, Lamborghini's look kinda clunky in comparison.

You can't drive a Lamborghini without looking a little bit like an egomaniac. Porsches are wonderfully understated. I think I'd go for the 911 Turbo myself, if I had to choose one. I'm not interested in going stupid fast, just want a nice, luxurious and fun car to drive up and down the canyons.
SMrtn
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaTrompeta wrote:

You can't drive a Lamborghini without looking a little bit like an egomaniac. Porsches are wonderfully understated. I think I'd go for the 911 Turbo myself, if I had to choose one. I'm not interested in going stupid fast, just want a nice, luxurious and fun car to drive up and down the canyons.

Yes, I agree with your view on the understated nature of Porsche, which is partly why I prefer that marque by a long way. I can appreciate the turbo also, but there is lag, and I don't like lag. And just the fact that a naturally aspirated 911 does what it can do, sound like it sounds, looks the way it does, is enough for me to want to spend the cash on it, rather than the turbo. I mean, acceleration is totally instant, and it sounds glorious in deceleration. Imagine that sound as you fly through the canyons.

I hope I don't upset the Lambo fans or any other in that league, but yeah, those owners tend to reek of new money, and or they're in the oil business in the middle east. That's the meme anyways.
marathoner
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't make fun of Conor McGregor's Green Lambo - He will punch your lights out !
SMrtn
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marathoner wrote:
Don't make fun of Conor McGregor's Green Lambo - He will punch your lights out !

He seems to only punch out old guys in bars, so, that's okay.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMrtn wrote:
marathoner wrote:

He seems to only punch out old guys in bars, so, that's okay.

Thank god I do my drinking at home.
rothman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shark01 wrote:

Creature comforts on a modern porsche are surely better, with engines technically making more power, but note that when testing on a road course, that the heavier, more powerful GT3..cannot seem to run a track time at Willow springs as well as the early car....post #50 example..

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/1079882-911-hotrod-owners-worth-3.html
A.N.A.Mendez
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup

47 years....

https://i.postimg.cc/LsqVjFzV/IMG-0031.jpg

☛ "No matter how cynical you get, it's never enough to keep up" Lily Tomlin☚
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: