• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Superfine bags

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brad, the former Getzen cases had an internal, fold-down compartment for music. Do you know if these cses have that, and can the external music pouch be temporarily removed? Thanks.

In the past year I purchased a Getzen 3050 and a 3051. They have the same case, with an internal music storage compartment. The compartment is big enough for Arban and Clarke, but not for a music folder.

The 900DLX I purchased a few years ago came with a much smaller case without a music storage compartment.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted

Brad

Last edited by Brad361 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
dr_trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://torpedobags.com/product/outlaw/

The Outlaw with the Chuckwalla will hold a 14 inch music folder, a music stand with 2-3 mutes (5-7 without the music stand), a pouch in the bell area that can hold a mouthpiece or two, valve oil and grease, and of course excellent protection for your trumpet. I have two and use them frequently when I have a gig that does not require multiple instruments. I also own a classic, which has the firmer bottom, but does NOT have the 14 inch music pouch (9 X 12 folder fits, but not larger). It does have a great pouch for mutes (I've had 6 in it) and backpack straps.

Another great option is the Peacemaker. "To quote, The PEACEMAKER™ is a combination of the best features from our CLASSIC™ and OUTLAW™ Torpedo Bags, in a sweet new durable design. It’s just like the CLASSIC™, but with no back pack straps. And like the 2012 USA OUTLAW™, it will accommodate a CHUCKWALLA™ for mutes and music, or a SIDEWINDER™ Suit Bag. NEW!"

The Classic is a fantastic, full function case, and is the original Torpedo case. It has backpack straps...

Hope this isn't too late!

AL
Arranger/Composer; Lilly Music
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr_trumpet wrote:

The Outlaw with the Chuckwalla will hold a 14 inch music folder, a music stand with 2-3 mutes (5-7 without the music stand), a pouch in the bell area that can hold a mouthpiece or two, valve oil and grease, and of course excellent protection for your trumpet. I have two and use them frequently when I have a gig that does not require multiple instruments. I also own a classic, which has the firmer bottom, but does NOT have the 14 inch music pouch (9 X 12 folder fits, but not larger). It does have a great pouch for mutes (I've had 6 in it) and backpack straps.

Another great option is the Peacemaker. "To quote, The PEACEMAKER™ is a combination of the best features from our CLASSIC™ and OUTLAW™ Torpedo Bags, in a sweet new durable design. It’s just like the CLASSIC™, but with no back pack straps. And like the 2012 USA OUTLAW™, it will accommodate a CHUCKWALLA™ for mutes and music, or a SIDEWINDER™ Suit Bag. NEW!"

The Classic is a fantastic, full function case, and is the original Torpedo case. It has backpack straps...

AL

I’m a big Torpedo fan myself, I have or (have had at one time or other) all their various models. Just decided to try one of these Superfine bags, and while I expect that it will be very good, it won’t replace my Torpedoes, to me it kind of depends on the gig. I won’t leave any gig bag unattended, so again, it depends on the situation.

Brad
dr_trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad361 wrote:
dr_trumpet wrote:

AL

I’m a big Torpedo fan myself, I have or (have had at one time or other) all their various models. Just decided to try one of these Superfine bags, and while I expect that it will be very good, it won’t replace my Torpedoes, to me it kind of depends on the gig. I won’t leave any gig bag unattended, so again, it depends on the situation.

Brad

Very cool! Please share your experiences with the new bag. I am of the opinion that one can never have too many great, usable cases.

AL
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr_trumpet wrote:
Brad361 wrote:
dr_trumpet wrote:

AL

Brad

Very cool! Please share your experiences with the new bag. I am of the opinion that one can never have too many great, usable cases.

AL

Will do, definitely!

Brad
bixtone
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using a Superfine leather bag for about a month. I own original Reunion Blues, original Cronkhite and the current Cronkhite bags, and the Superfine is very superior. Thicker leather, better foam and zipper, and the design seems to be a lot more protective. Tom was very good to deal with and he added a subway - type handle that makes it easy to carry. He’s working with Adolfo who made the original Cronkhite bags. IMO these are the best leather gig bag on the market.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bixtone wrote:
I have been using a Superfine leather bag for about a month. I own original Reunion Blues, original Cronkhite and the current Cronkhite bags, and the Superfine is very superior. Thicker leather, better foam and zipper, and the design seems to be a lot more protective. Tom was very good to deal with and he added a subway - type handle that makes it easy to carry. He’s working with Adolfo who made the original Cronkhite bags. IMO these are the best leather gig bag on the market.

Good to hear, thanks for posting that!

Brad
dr_trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bixtone wrote:

Thank you! I always love reading information from those who own or have owned the prior standards of the field, and say the new is better. I am investigating these further!

All best wishes,

AL
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr_trumpet wrote:
bixtone wrote:

Thank you! I always love reading information from those who own or have owned the prior standards of the field, and say the new is better. I am investigating these further!

All best wishes,

AL

I also have a newer leather Cronkhite, and an old (about 20 years) Reunion Blues leather flugel bag, these look pretty impressive: https://sonicbrass.com/

Brad
bixtone
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bag feels a lot more rigid than the Cronkhite design. I usually don’t use gig bags for travel, but I plan to fly with this one because it will definitely fit under the seat.

Al, if you’re interested in case options I would also suggest the new Wiseman single that is being sold by East Coast Trumpets. IMO it’s the best single hard case out there. Certainly a viable alternative to the ill-fated Velox.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick review: these are seemingly VERY well made. Very heavy zipper, interior padding is thick and firm. Obviously this is a gig bag, not a hard case, but they seem to have very good horn protection. And of course, very lightweight.
If I were on the fence between this and a Cronkhite, I believe I would choose this.

Brad
Jerry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My all time favorite single protective lightweight trumpet case is from these guys: https://musical-bags.com/en/home/

They seem to be changing their product line every time I look, but the one I have is fabulous, and it holds everything I need for a rehearsal: music folder, 2 or 3 mutes; Hercules folding trumpet stand; eyeglass case; small mouthpiece pouch; etc. Light and protective.

giakara, our friend in Greece, turned me on to it in 2009. It's still the case I take unless I'm carrying more than one horn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: