• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Selmer Chorus 92B Bb trumpet - Any info?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject: Selmer Chorus 92B Bb trumpet - Any info? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am looking for info on the Selmer Chorus 92B Bb trumpet but it seems they were quite rare and i can't find anything about it.

I understand that the leadpipe is the only difference with the Chorus 80J.

Does anybody know what the 92B was made for and what are the differences in sound, response, etc?

Thanks in advance.
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I never heard of a Henri Selmer Chorus 92B.
As far as I know the precursor of the 80J was the Chorus 90.

The Chorus 90 was quite a traditional trumpet with the then common almost 0.463 (= 11.75 mm) bore (called by Selmer a medium bore!) with a 124 mm bell of 'tradirional' brass (70-30) and a choice of two tuning slides, one round with a brace, one square without a brace. Very good monel valves.
These Selmer valves are IMO the only valves that are qua action as good as the Bauerfeind valves. (the Getzen valves are superior in durability).
meven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delano wrote:
Interesting, I never heard of a Henri Selmer Chorus 92B.
As far as I know the precursor of the 80J was the Chorus 90.

The Chorus 90 was quite a traditional trumpet with the then common almost 0.463 (= 11.75 mm) bore (called by Selmer a medium bore!) with a 124 mm bell of 'tradirional' brass (70-30) and a choice of two tuning slides, one round with a brace, one square without a brace. Very good monel valves.
These Selmer valves are IMO the only valves that are qua action as good as the Bauerfeind valves. (the Getzen valves are superior in durability).

Yes, the 92B seems to be as rare as rocking horse manure!

Hopefully someone will be able to enlighten us on this rare horn.
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that there has been a Chorus 84A Bflat trumpet with a weird bell: a nr. 855 bell and Amado water keys. Then the 92B already with the 703 bell and normal water keys, maybe only with one tuning slide, the square one without thebrace. Both can be more or less a prototype.
Then the Chorus 90, this seemed to be the regular produced model, came with two tuning slides. A possible (but certainly not sure) difference between the 92B and the Chorus 90 could be the weight, I found some information that the 92B was lightweight but that info may be wrong. I also found a different bore (0.461) for the 92B but that is highly improbable, all Selmer trumpets before and after are made with the same 11.75 mm bore.
Then came the 80J.

N.B. There has been probably also a Chorus 84A high trumpet in Eflat with the 703 bell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: