• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Spit mat

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackoAus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Spit mat Reply with quote

Just a little thing I found and use as a spit mat in preference to a towel etc.

The Finish line absorbent mat is rubber backed and looks neat on the floor. Should be available into any bicycle store.

http://www.finishlineusa.com/products/specialty-products/absorb-it-mat
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's not a bad idea, but I would rather toss an old newspaper on the floor and throw it away when it's....uh......full, rather than having a spit soaked, albeit dry, mat on the floor permanently.

Brad
Turkle
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use plain old washcloths, which I rotate out on at least a weekly basis. (I use a different color to make sure my bath and trumpet washcloths don't get confused.)

I also keep a fresh one in the trumpet case at all times. You never know when you'll be playing somewhere where spraying water everywhere isn't kosher.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turkle wrote:
I also keep a fresh one in the trumpet case at all times. You never know when you'll be playing somewhere where spraying water everywhere isn't kosher.

Good idea! I also wonder if people in clubs who set their drinks on the edge of the stage while they dance would do that if they realized that the trumpet and trombone in the band can be sort of.....uh....."messy" instruments.😉

Brad
trumpet95IJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject: Trumpet spit Reply with quote

Hi I just wanted to let you know that I made an invention called the brass plank and you should check it out at TheBrassPlank.com it should help with covid problem

we are taking orders!
thanks
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it spit or condensation?

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
GizB
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always used the smaller car floor mats.

Oh, and - condensation, definitely!

Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Trumpet spit Reply with quote

trumpet95IJ wrote:
Hi I just wanted to let you know that I made an invention called the brass plank and you should check it out at TheBrassPlank.com it should help with covid problem

we are taking orders!
thanks

Just my opinion, but that seems unnecessary.

Brad
harryjamesworstnightmare
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep some of these around for chemical spills and use them on the floor to catch water-key effluent. Can be reused several times and keeps the mess off tile floors etc. Not real pricey either and you never know when you may have to change a diaper. We always used them on the changing table. I also used them in the darkroom back when I did a lot of printing as it was easier to throw these away and not have a messy cleanup.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-certainty-underpads-xl-x-large/ID=prod6208172-product
Bach Strad 43 Sterling Silver Plus
Getzen Proteus
Yamaha 6335HS
Olds Super
Olds Mendez
Getzen Custom 3850 Cornet
Conn 80A
Getzen Eterna Flugelhorn
tptptp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just duct tape a Depends extra small to my tuning slide. Change it out once a month.

etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Trumpet spit Reply with quote

trumpet95IJ wrote:

we are taking orders!
thanks

The bigger issue is production of aerosols by practically all aerophones (including singing).

Also, the question is how to wipe off the liquid collected on the surface without spreading the contamination further. Some of it will evaporate and some will not.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I might offer a little advice to the seller of the plank...

It might be nice to provide pictures of your product on the page or at least on the more info link.

I shouldn't need to watch a cutsie video for 60 seconds just to see what you are selling.

A question that immediately springs to my mind when I experience sites like this, and this is only my personal reaction, is "what are they trying to hide or obscure?"

That said, I will stick to the hand towel and clothes washer method.
trumpet95IJ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Main website Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
If I might offer a little advice to the seller of the plank...

It might be nice to provide pictures of your product on the page or at least on the more info link.

I shouldn't need to watch a cutsie video for 60 seconds just to see what you are selling.

A question that immediately springs to my mind when I experience sites like this, and this is only my personal reaction, is "what are they trying to hide or obscure?"

That said, I will stick to the hand towel and clothes washer method.

on the main page theres pictures of the brass plank
www.TheBrassPlank.com
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUST my opinion: 29.00, and rather than just tossing an old newspaper or paper towel in the trash, one more thing to schlep to gigs or lessons, and clean later?

Not for me.

Brad
GizB
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a 3-pack of the Spit Catcher,

https://brasstache.com/collections/shop-all/products/the-spit-catcher?variant=32128801833054

and gave a couple to my buddies. Nice to have on hand, now that rehearsals and gigs are starting to commence.
Richard III
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a hand towel over one knee. Everything goes there. I've done this for trumpet, french horn and now euphonium. Tidy and nothing to trip over.

Conn 22B Trumpet
York Eminence Model 4028 Cornet
1903 Conn The Wonder Cornet
adagiotrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad361 wrote:
Turkle wrote:

Good idea! I also wonder if people in clubs who set their drinks on the edge of the stage while they dance would do that if they realized that the trumpet and trombone in the band can be sort of.....uh....."messy" instruments.😉

Brad

I have often wondered how often the Musician's Union cleans the carpets in the rehearsal rooms with daily back to back rehearsal bands using the facilities. I am sure that carpeting would keep a CSI team busy for a month.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adagiotrumpet wrote:
Brad361 wrote:
Turkle wrote:

Brad

I have often wondered how often the Musician's Union cleans the carpets in the rehearsal rooms with daily back to back rehearsal bands using the facilities. I am sure that carpeting would keep a CSI team busy for a month.

Probably true. Although most of the musicians in many rehearsal rooms are probably guitars, keys and drums, so not as messy as we are!😎

Brad
mr_evertonia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use one of the collapsible dog water bowls, wipe and re-use. They are cheap I'm sure, I had mine given to me, so the price was perfect.
adagiotrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad361 wrote:
adagiotrumpet wrote:
Brad361 wrote:
Turkle wrote:

Brad

Probably true. Although most of the musicians in many rehearsal rooms are probably guitars, keys and drums, so not as messy as we are!😎

Brad

Well, here in LA prior to the pandemic, the rehearsal rooms were pretty busy every day, all week long with 10 - 17+ piece rehearsal bands. My guess is those carpets could support some kind of hydroponic growing, especially in the back two rows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: