• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Pelican flgiht case for trumpets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
indigotrumpet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject: Pelican flgiht case for trumpets Reply with quote

Hi all,

Has anyone used the Pelican 1535 Air Carry-on case for their trumpets? Would it fit a Bb and C trumpet? How about a Bb, C, and piccolo trumpet?

Alternatively, if anyone has a recommended for a triple case that has worked well for flights (both within the US and in Europe), please let me know!

Thank you!
MrOlds
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve used a Pelican 1510 for years. It’s about the same size as the 1535. But heavier. Which is the main thing I don’t like about it. Although they’re waterproof and indestructible. So if you’re likely to drive over your case, Pelican is a good choice!

I get a Bb and a flugelhorn (small wrap) and mutes in mine. The challenge is finding dividers that keep everything in place without taking up the limited interior space. I wound up using a Pelican camera case interior and long divider. Not as elegant as the configurable dividers in a Protec, Bona, or Gard case. But I’ve never had any damage.

With the right dividers you should be able to get a Bb, C and piccolo in the 1535.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: