• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

IHOW: How David Hickman narrowly avoided potential prison

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trumpet Dynamics

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:39 am    Post subject: IHOW: How David Hickman narrowly avoided potential prison Reply with quote

When I heard that David Hickman had shown interest in being interviewed for the Trumpet Dynamics podcast, I was excited.

The list of accolades and successful students he has taught over his career is way too long share in an email.

But I really didn't know what to expect when we got on the call. I had never met him before, but I was prepared for anything.

It turns out that Professor Hickman grew up in a tiny town in western Nebraska, and there was one band teacher in the entire town who taught all the grades.

Well, this one teacher inspired David to quit throwing rocks at cars, and being a general troublemaker and do something more productive with his energy.

As a sign in his office would say, "Teach a kid to blow a horn, and he'll never blow a safe."

That one teacher was a positive influence on David, as well as many other kids in that tiny town, and it helped him gain motivation and momentum to build one of the more impressive performing and teaching careers one can imagine.

More could be said about this. In fact, more was said about it.

In the podcast.

Which you can listen to at this link:

https://jamesnewcombontrumpet.com/captivate-podcast/david-hickman/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: