• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

What Now ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RussellDDixon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject: What Now ? Reply with quote

In the midst of a ten month hiatus from playing, I had a Cerebellar Stroke and was in bed for a couple weeks. This occurred on Easter Sunday morning and my stroke was bleeding again one month later on May 4th. My Wife busted the back of her head in April also (fainting in the bathroom in the middle of the night and requiring six staples) so that was not one, not two but three Ambulance trips to the Emergency Room in April 2021 and I was transferred to the University of Cincinnati NEURO ICU Unit both times I was taken to the ER.

Once cleared in July by a brilliant NEURO Doctor at UC, I began practicing again this time using the Reinhardt Routines (9 Day Lesson Book) I purchased from Rich. I am very impressed with my results (not knowing my type; not having had a lesson etc.) just trying to follow the written instructions. This has become so interesting that I'd like a lesson and correct typing with someone. Is there anyone you would recommend near Cincinnati ? Got to hear Doug Elliott on Buddy's Band (I believe) twice in one week playing along side Simo Salminian. Appreciate any guidance.

Really like the Reinhardt Routines and instead of page 26 ... I follow with Variations on Clarke's Second Study (LOVE IT) and I recently bought Focal Point which I haven't really gotten into. I knew a guy in the early 70's who studied with Doc named Tony Surrency. Tony gave me a lesson or two and was into the A&D Ointment thing back then. Haven't heard from Tony in many many years.
Kanstul Claude Gordon Personal mouthpiece
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend getting a Zoom or Skype lesson with Chris LaBarbera if you can't find a teacher in person. Somebody here must know how to get in touch with Chris. My recent efforts have been fruitless. Keep up the good work Russell!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: