• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

help identifying tuning slides

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeronPG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject: help identifying tuning slides Reply with quote

I have 3 tuning slides that were part of a friend's estate, and I need help determining what they go to. They did not match any of his dozen or so horns. Believe me, I checked. I guess they went to something he had at one time.

They're brass tubing, each one is 4.25" long with an o.d. of .436". They have a silver plated mouthpiece receiver with two lacquer nubs, not hex heads like a Schilke. One is stamped with a "2", and there's a "3" and "4".

A Bach cornet or flugel mouthpiece goes in the receiver about halfway in nos. 2 & 3; #4 is tighter; it only goes in about 1/3. It seems a Schilke cornet shank might be a good fit, as it's been my observation that they are slightly smaller.

I suppose they fit a flugel, picc or or an Eb Cornet of some brand.
the .436" o.d. is larger than a Stomvi or Schilke picc or Schilke Eb Cornet (.425") but smaller than my Bach Flugel (.440" +/-)

Any help would be appreciated. I'll put them on Ebay at a fair price, once I know what that is. I mostly just want to get them to someone that can use them.

thanks for the help. if pictures would help, email me at gerong@snydermbc.com and I'll try to send some.

Bach 43 lightweight w/ 43 leadpipe
Bach Flugelhorn
Bach C large bore
Benge (LA) D
Stomvi Elite Piccolo
Yamaha Cornet
Schmidt (B & S) 37LTDS
Besson Meha (early '50's)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: